Something I never understood about Hip Hop

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Throwing weak subliminals where the rapper's name isn't even called out isn't "Beef", it's just competition that's been going on damn near since Hip Hop's inception.

Jay has dissed Wayne subliminally and done songs with him in the same year. He was on Wayne's highest selling album and Wayne was on Jay's most critically acclaimed album since His retirement.

Fat Joe has stated on NUMEROUS occassions that he has no true beef with Jay, any last incidences are left in the past. Fat Joe isn't a big enough name nor any true type of competition for Jay himself to acknowledge.

There is no true beef between Good Music and YMCB, that shyt is all hype, fluff, and gimmick marketing.

Like the above posted said, TRUE rap beef died in 2002 with Nas/Jay-Z, almost all the rest are pomp and bullshyt

I do believe the 50/Fat Joe beef was real as well as the Papoose/Fat Joe beef.

Habit

Banned
Daps
not even about rap but two enemies can't have mutual friends?

it happens a lot

Its two different worlds, in the underworld this doesn't happen. This is what the OP is getting at, he's comparing street shiit to the hip-hop world or civilized society. These three worlds operate by different codes.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

You need to listen to some Big. That'll answer your question but in short none of these nikkas have "beef" with each other. Its just fun competition for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I mean 2 of my homies are beefing right now. Not like trying to kill each other or nothing but there is a high chance of a fist fight if they run into each other. I'm still cool with both and they are aware of it and don't mind.

GodMC

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That **** be buggin me out too. If you remember that was what the 50/Jada/Fat Joe beef was about. 50 wasnt feelin Jada and Joe working with Ja.

Daps
Throwing weak subliminals where the rapper's name isn't even called out isn't "Beef", it's just competition that's been going on damn near since Hip Hop's inception.

Jay has dissed Wayne subliminally and done songs with him in the same year. He was on Wayne's highest selling album and Wayne was on Jay's most critically acclaimed album since His retirement.

Fat Joe has stated on NUMEROUS occassions that he has no true beef with Jay, any last incidences are left in the past. Fat Joe isn't a big enough name nor any true type of competition for Jay himself to acknowledge.

There is no true beef between Good Music and YMCB, that shyt is all hype, fluff, and gimmick marketing.

Like the above posted said, TRUE rap beef died in 2002 with Nas/Jay-Z, almost all the rest are pomp and bullshyt

Nas/Jay-Z wasnt even a true rap beef. That was also some p*ssy shyt. The most authentic beef ever was 50/Murder Inc. nikkas got shot and killed because of that shyt.

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: at analyzing this shyt like it's Survivor alliances....it's only entertainment
jayzbiglaugh2.png

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
Its two different worlds, in the underworld this doesn't happen. This is what the OP is getting at, he's comparing street shiit to the hip-hop world or civilized society. These three worlds operate by different codes.

I dont know where you from but this shyt definitely happens in the streets