Solange slams women who demanded she sit during concert

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
New Orleans resident and singer Solange Knowles took to Twitter Friday night (Sept. 9) to express disappointment with a group of women who she says demanded she sit down during a concert at the Orpheum Theater—then threw a lime at her. In a series of tweets, the 30-year-old African American singer took the incident as an opportunity to express why black concert attendees often do not feel safe in spaces dominated by white attendees.

Knowles began the tweet series at around 9 p.m. Friday, when she said a group of four women—all white women, Knowles said—singled her out among a crowd of an estimated 1,500 concertgoers and demanded she and her family sit down. Knowles pointed out that she, her husband, her son and his friend were four out of about only 20 black attendees at the show, which featured the electronic dance music group Kraftwerk.

Knowles said she and her family walked into the venue while a favorite song was playing, and when they started dancing a group of four "older white women" demanded that she "sit down now." They then threw a lime at her back, Knowles tweeted.

Solange slams women who demanded she sit during concert

Last edited:

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
Deleted Tweets

4 older white women yell to me from behind, "Sit down now" . I tell them I'm dancing at a concert. They yell, "u need to sit down now"...

We are at an ELECTRONIC and DANCE music concert and you are telling...not asking me...to sit down. In front of my child.

They proceed to throw something at my back....

Nobody goes to the Kraftwerk show with their kid "looking for "drama"
But that's how u guys like to spin this.

My son just confirmed it was a lime. Smh

Peeps try to give POC, a "u can only speak out racism 3 strikes...or U r the problem" card.
Some can kind of trust u the first 3 times...

But surely after that, YOU are the problem.
Surprise guys!
It happens to us ALL summer 16

And last thing...
I see folks saying "Well u live in Louisiana"....but I say I live in a city w THE most incredible, beautiful black. folk.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
dancing at a kraftwerk show? this person clearly had no idea what they are :laff:

why can't black people ever act appropriately tho? then call racism

i'mma be :mj: :mj::mj::mj: to fukkin kraftwerk

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
dancing at a kraftwerk show? this person clearly had no idea what they are :laff:

why can't black people ever act appropriately tho? then call racism

i'mma be :mj: :mj::mj::mj: to fukkin kraftwerk

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Why can't white people ever act appropriately? :childplease:

If whites don't want blacks dancing to kraftwerk in louisiana then they should've did the appropriate thing and built their own damn country.

roadblocktdx

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, I feel like if I was at a show and someone stood up in front of me dancing I'd be pissed too especially since it's not a amphitheater, lawn or club environment. I'm sure race didn't help this situation but I'm torn on who's in the wrong.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Ok, I feel like if I was at a show and someone stood up in front of me dancing I'd be pissed too especially since it's not a amphitheater, lawn or club environment. I'm sure race didn't help this situation but I'm torn on who's in the wrong.

Solange is a chucklehead. She may have blocked the view and is notorious for wearing large type 4 hair pieces. This carefree black girl movement which is mainly comprised of hoodrats and other misfits on some type of rx if not self medicated street drugs are ironically the most emotionally sensitive people you will ever encounter.

If the below is true, she should apologize.

Your brief article found in the New York mag dated 9/11/2016 is ill informed and has nothing to do with race as Solange Knowles leads you to believe. It has to do with a

rude and self entitled b list celebrity like Solange grasping for attention.

Solange bought tickets in the balcony area of the Orpheum theater where people sit rather than purchasing floor tickets where she could dance.
I was on the floor and not many people were dancing to Kraftwerk since they were focused on the 3D projection behind the band. They didn't even play The Hall of Mirrors the song that she says she was dancing to... check the set list Kraftwerk Setlist at Orpheum Theatre, New Orleans

How can you even dance to it?

Solange Knowles is in the wrong and you should do a little more reserch before believing everything she tweets.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was no security at the event? Should have called security when the woman threw lime at her.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
She can dance if she feels like dancing. The colonizers will think you are a ****** no matter what you do so fukk their sense of appropriateness.
Real elders, Black, White, Brown, Red or Yellow, put people in check whether it is someone's bad ass child at the grocery store or child-like adults who do not follow protocol in a social setting. Society has become so PC that people are afraid to check people and this is why things are bad. The old women shouldn't have thrown anything at her, if she is being truthful, but instead should call security for blocking the view. The post I found says she is lying hence removing the Tweets. Unfortunately we don't get to do what we want when we want to and act on impulse especially at electronic special effects shows where the focus is on the stage especially if you buy balcony seats. Should have went to general admissions like the rest.

Not a race issue but an issue of consideration for the people behind you who also paid to see a show. Her actions sound as childish as her Tweets. She literally needs to have a seat on this one. She only proves that no matter how much money and access one has; nikkas will still behave like nikkas.

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
Real elders, Black, White, Brown, Red or Yellow, put people in check whether it is someone's bad ass child at the grocery store or child-like adults who do not follow protocol in a social setting. Society has become so PC that people are afraid to check people and this is why things are bad. The old women shouldn't have thrown anything at her, if she is being truthful, but instead should call security for blocking the view. The post I found says she is lying hence removing the Tweets. Unfortunately we don't get to do what we want when we want to and act on impulse especially at electronic special effects shows where the focus is on the stage especially if you buy balcony seats. Should have went to general admissions like the rest.

Not a race issue but an issue of consideration for the people behind you who also paid to see a show. Her actions sound as childish as her Tweets. She literally needs to have a seat on this one. She only proves that no matter how much money and access one has; nikkas will still behave like nikkas.

Things aren't bad because people are afraid to check one another, that's cliche undercover white supremacist talk. Listen, Jimi white supremacy does the most outrageous stuff daily without any F's given about political correctness or someone's feelings being hurt, it's pure garbage. Personally, I wouldn't care if she was telling the truth or not white people lie on us all the time. As a black man I'm not gonna give some old white hefer the benefit of the doubt over solange, white privilege permeates through every level of this society and it doesn't discriminate against well to do blacks.

Excerpt from her latest essay...
About 20 seconds later, you hear women yell aggressively, “Sit down now, you need to sit down right now” from the box behind you. You want to be considerate, however, they were not at all considerate with their tone, their choice of words, or the fact that you just walked in and seem to be enjoying yourself.

Maybe they should've asked her in a more dignified manner and things wouldn't have resorted into them throwing a piece of fruit at her back.

Talk about childish.

Solange is a chucklehead. She may have blocked the view and is notorious for wearing large type 4 hair pieces. This carefree black girl movement which is mainly comprised of hoodrats and other misfits on some type of rx if not self medicated street drugs are ironically the most emotionally sensitive people you will ever encounter.

Sounds like some personal shyt to me Jimi bAbe, I've never even heard of a carefree black girl movement until now but I'm glad you brought it to my attention. In spite of the agenda they may or may not have I'm not just gonna categorize them all as 'hoodrats' and doped up imbeciles.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Solange is so fake man. All this militant shyt and she married to a beta white guy. GTFO.