Sohh these Nintendo Switch software sales are kinda crazy, right?

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Yeah Animal Crossing was a moment, and now that they’re not doing more updates its kind of gone. During lockdown this shyt felt like some type of liberation. Like a real escape.

Thats what they call lightning in a bottle.

The thing i dont understand about nintendo is they go so long without putting out a new game in a franchise why don’t they just go full service with them and keep putting out content updates? Animal crossing could still be getting more stuff, same with Mario Kart….it could have been getting new racers and tracks for these past 8 years.
The game sold 2.77 million from Sept - Dec 2021 accprding to the report.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Animal crossing is a toddler and CAC favorite
That's a personal thing. The average AC:NH player is 20-30.
animal-crossing-data.large.jpg

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Pokemon let’s go out selling Diamond & Pearl doesn’t sit right in my spirit.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, those are crazy numbers :wow:

I like the fact Nintendo drops the numbers for software sold on a regular basis for so many titles. Would be curious to see a top 10 list of 3rd party software for the Switch, just to see what is doing well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, those are crazy numbers :wow:

I like the fact Nintendo drops the numbers for software sold on a regular basis for so many titles. Would be curious to see a top 10 list of 3rd party software for the Switch, just to see what is doing well.

Minecraft is probably number one, then monster hunter rise, then some japanese games in a distance third and so on

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But The Coli told me back in 2015, that Nintendo should drop out the console race and become a 3rd party developer.

Why Y'all trying to erase history, pretending that you never said those things? :sas2:
I'll say it now. I don't really care to buy property Nintendo boxes that mostly just sit and collect dust until a game I want from Nintendo is released.

Nintendo can make some good games but their systems are mostly trash. This is a company that found success in being people's second or third console because they can no longer make a system that's the total package.

Who here if you can only own one system and your choice excludes you from owning either of the other 2 for the entire generation is picking the Switch over the PS5? Only the biggest Nintendo fans.

The Switch is mainly Nintendo games and shovelware just like the Wii. It does get some indie titles. They ported almost every Wii U game possible to it to pad the library.

I'm sorry but their success doesn't equal quality. A lot of people watch The Masked Singer. Does that make it one of the best shows on TV?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'll say it now. I don't really care to buy property Nintendo boxes that mostly just sit and collect dust until a game I want from Nintendo is released.

Nintendo can make some good games but their systems are mostly trash. This is a company that found success in being people's second or third console because they can no longer make a system that's the total package.

Who here if you can only own one system and your choice excludes you from owning either of the other 2 for the entire generation is picking the Switch over the PS5? Only the biggest Nintendo fans.

The Switch is mainly Nintendo games and shovelware just like the Wii. It does get some indie titles. They ported almost every Wii U game possible to it to pad the library.

I'm sorry but their success doesn't equal quality. A lot of people watch The Masked Singer. Does that make it one of the best shows on TV?

1st off, Sony always used numbers and units sold as a bar for quality and impact. Don't switch up now. :umad:

2nd, The PS5 is living off of the PS4 and have no generation-exclusive games for it yet. It will be like that until Mid-2023, the earliest due to delays all over the place due to COVID.

3rd, The Switch is not trash of a console/handheld. What console can you carry around and play the games, when you are on a vacation or chilling at the workplace during your break? I finished a lot of JRPGs and adventure games by being outside the house with the Switch, than to force myself to go home early and upload a clunky flat screen TV and barely squeeze a few hours of it. Yeah, Nintendo isn't a graphics whore company like Sony that alienates their Japanese homebase to compete against M$ X Box and high end visuals in games, that have no replayability outside of online play, and Nintendo demonstrated that quality games can last the test of time.

Like I said, the console race where graphics is king, and quality gameplay comes in 2nd, isn't a model that the industry can hold on to, for much longer. If Japan got off of it, as the native homeland of Sony, Nintendo, and a ton of 3rd party companies, why would you abandon that for fickle American audiences.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
1st off, Sony always used numbers and units sold as a bar for quality and impact. Don't switch up now. :umad:

2nd, The PS5 is living off of the PS4 and have no generation-exclusive games for it yet. It will be like that until Mid-2023, the earliest due to delays all over the place due to COVID.

3rd, The Switch is not trash of a console/handheld. What console can you carry around and play the games, when you are on a vacation or chilling at the workplace during your break? I finished a lot of JRPGs and adventure games by being outside the house with the Switch, than to force myself to go home early and upload a clunky flat screen TV and barely squeeze a few hours of it. Yeah, Nintendo isn't a graphics whore company like Sony that alienates their Japanese homebase to compete against M$ X Box and high end visuals in games, that have no replayability outside of online play, and Nintendo demonstrated that quality games can last the test of time.

Like I said, the console race where graphics is king, and quality gameplay comes in 2nd, isn't a model that the industry can hold on to, for much longer. If Japan got off of it, as the native homeland of Sony, Nintendo, and a ton of 3rd party companies, why would you abandon that for fickle American audiences.
Ok you can pick one company and own their console and it excludes you from ever owning the others. You picking the Switch? The Switch is a console that derives value in the fact that it's a second or third choice.

The only game I even played on my Switch last year was Disgaea 6 and it ran like trash. If I could have got the PS4 version instead I would have.

I'm going assume the Switch isn't the sole platform you own to play games on. Plenty of people would be comfortable only owning a PS5 and nothing else. Who really only wants to be stuck with just a Switch?

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps

Well said:wow: