Sohh The Root ..... How You Feel About Writers of the Constitution/Bill of Rights Being Slaveholders

How \ You Feel About Writers of Constitution/Bill of Rights Being Slaveholders

• Total voters

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
So with everything happening right now withConfederate flag.....

I'm hearing people saying Thomas Jefferson, should be taking off the Washington Monument, or even the American flag actually presided over more slaves than the Confederate flag so should we get rid of it.

Senator in Nevada wants to get rid of the Rebel mascot at UNLV cause it has a Confederate background.

Apple just removed a Civil War game.

I'm guessing there are going to be calls to get rid of names of cities and counties.... rename Washington, DC cause he George Washington owned slaves?

So how far does this go ............. I made this thread many weeks ago, but its very much in line with what's being discussed right now....

So any difference of opinion...... the Bill of Rights, since it was written by Slaveowners, should we just get rid of it???

My stance hasn't changed. :francis: Have an addendum as well.

Last edited:

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
All I know is they are going to abide by that piece of paper so if nothing else, we can hold them and ourselves accountable to that. Now did they intend for it to matter to us, it's highly unlikely. Does it apply to us.. so long as we fit the description of a person (let's go take a look at that 3/5 compromise real quick which at least acknowledges for slaves as a populace) and how that applies to us and then let's look at this bill of rights, specifically the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th, amendments.