SOHH oldheads, do you realize it's been twenty years since Cormega dissed your man Galvatron?

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
posted: 07-08-04

I was reading a lot of your other interviews and one thing I noticed was: you are up to date on what people are saying about you on different message boards. How often do you check and see what people are saying about you on boards and on reviews?

I have an excellent publicist so that's how I'm on top of my reviews and I must say I'm fukking disgusted with XXL and the review they gave me. The thing that pissed me off is that this is not a Cormega album, but motherfukkers trying to judge me like it is. I seen a review where they are like: it's not as good as his last two critically acclaimed albums. How is it gonna be as good as my albums!? I just got finished speaking with this dude at XXL yesterday asking why y'all judging my album like it's a Cormega album.

If you go to Soundscan, it says 'Cormega presents.' If you go to the record store and speak to the retail guy, it says 'Cormega Presents.' It's not a Cormega album. On the album it don't even says Cormega in big letters! So I'm like did you compare the DMX album to Ruff Ryders or "Oochie Wallie" to "Illmatic"? That's the thing I'm not liking as far as the reviews.

As far as the internet I try not to really let it bother me or give it too much measurement because half the people on the internet are bored and they have no life. There is one nikka named Galvatron who be on Sohh.com. It's like it's his job to hate on me. He's a professional. This guy Galvatron is obsessed with me. At the end of the day Galvatron you're a dikk. You wake up in the morning, you get on your fukking computer and you obsess about me.

Haha.

I wake up in the morning, I take a piss, I might brush my teeth, I might not, I watch Sportscenter, go eat some Fruity Pebbles or Apple Jacks, I play Playstation on my plasma screen TV, I decide which car I'm gonna get in or what clothes I'm gonna wear and that's that. I don't wake up in the morning thinking about fukking Galvatron!

Haha.

That's the thing that bugs me out about the internet: people are obsessive on that motherfukker. One thing I do like about it is there are no yes men. There's people that like you and there's people that don't like you. I love it because I love the negative criticism because I always feel I have something to prove.

You know the old saying 'kill him with kindness.' That's the way you shut me up. With a compliment; I have nothing to prove. If you say "Mega can't flow," now I'm gonna show you I can flow. Before I put out albums people were like he's a freestyle/mixtape nikka but he can't make albums. Now two albums later I have two critically acclaimed albums. Not in my opinion but the world's. I never said my albums were classic or tell the Source to give me that Award or Amazon.com to give me album of the year for 2001.

Now motherfukkers is like "all he talks about is street shyt." So on my second album I flipped it and I had songs for women, songs on social issues, an acapella that's not even rhyming. And I got an award for that album. Then all the people on the internet said he talks about Nas all the time. So you noticed I don't talk about Nas no more. Everything they say about me I'm gonna work on.

They said I couldn't flow before saying I was punching in when I wasn't. I was coming in on another track trying to be like Slick Rick. Think about it, only a dikkhead aspiring artist or industry person even knows what a punch is. You can't go to the average kid in the street and say he punched in on that song. Because they'll be like "what the fukk are you talking about?"

I love the dikkhead shyt on the internet. But at the same time I don't respect the internet, because I've watched these people hail and praise people and put artists on a high pedestal, their album comes out, and it doesn't even sell. Y'all internet people are criticizing artists for something you downloaded and you aren't even supporting the cause. Then you get mad when your favorite artist crosses over. But when an artist tries to keep it real with you internet motherfukkers, you just download his shyt! I even told nikkas on the internet one day I don't respect you download nikkas. Don't compliment me on my album if you downloaded it. That's like you robbing my house, stealing my TV and calling me up like the clarity on this TV is ill! I can't really respect that shyt. I respect it to a degree, but I love the challenge of critics.

I'm aware of what's going on with the internet though. I know it's very symbolic because that's universal not local. A motherfukker could be in Africa reading about you. That's why I keep my eyes and ears in tune with the net.

What would you do if you ever met Galvatron?

I wouldn't even do nothing because the average motherfukker on the internet is a fukking coward anyway. It's not like he's gonna be like "yeah, I'm Galvatron, nikka what?" If that's the case I wouldn't do nothing to him. The nikkas that's with me would pound his ass out. I don't have to do nothing to nobody right now. fukk him. He's a nobody.

Let me tell you something else: me having differences with Nas made me realize I'm like Lex Luther to a Superman comic book buyer. Motherfukkers hate me that love Nas. I noticed motherfukkers hate me more than they hate Jay-Z. It's passionate hate. Nature made a song dissing Nas more recently than me and it was on the radio and everything; why y'all don't hate him like y'all hate me?

I used to be a Knicks fan and I used to hate Alonzo Mourning and I was like "it's not that I hate him, it's that I love the Knicks so much." Why didn't I hate Jordan but Alonzo was such a threat? You fear what you don't understand. Nas fans know I'm a fukking threat that's why they don't like me. Jay-Z and Nas have two different styles and Nature is a whole different subject, but they fear me. nikkas on the internet know everything. You could make a freestyle tape in the fourth grade and they'll know about it.

When the whole fallout with me and Nature happened they said I dissed Nature because he replaced me in the firm. That's bullshyt. Everyone and their mother knows Nature shytted on me on the Clue tape. That's how the whole beef started. If you listen to my son "fukk Nas", when I responded, somebody's talking on the beginning of the song and they say "you heard the new Clue tape? That nikka Nature shytted on you." And I'm like "Word?"

All these internet motherfukkers hide what they want to hide and put out what they want to put out. They don't say "Nature dissed Mega so Mega responded." I never even got kicked out of The Firm. If I would have paid I would have been down. I didn't pay and I'm not saying I was right for not doing it I just didn't understand the industry at the time.

Just like when I was making songs dissing Nas, they was like "all he does is think about Nas." What about the 50 million times he dissed me on albums? You knew he was talking about me, you fukking geeks! He had subliminal songs dissing me like that song "I ain't fukking with you I'm doing big things, you want to ball for self why your album ain't out?" All that shyt he was talking about me. On "Hate Me Now" he was talking about me too on certain parts. Mad songs this nikka made talking about me. I knew he was talking about me, he knew and his fans knew but y'all were just mad because y'all wasn't expecting that response. I wasn't playing no games, I'm saying his name and crazy shyt. Motherfukkers don't like that just like how they hated Pac cause he was too raw. So keep it real and say son shouldn't of started with Mega cause Mega went too far with it and maybe Nature shouldn't have said what he said but don't just act like I'm just a trouble maker.

"Nobody wants to be bad forever."