Society tells us homosexuality is normal, but.....

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Why do they ban gays who have been in monogamous relationship from donating blood?

Food for thought......

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
because there was flawed knowledge in the 80s that only gays had AIDS.

Its long since been disproved but the stigma lasts mostly because HIV is hard to detect for months.

Gay male blood donor controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: Canada JUST ended their ban on gay blood donation...like TODAY : Canada now accepting blood donations from gay men, with conditions | CTV Kitchener News :obama:

and the US has been reconsidering it within the last year:

Ban on Gay Blood Donors May End - ABC News

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
because AIDS was released into the gay community by right wing homophobes.

it's a man made virus that got out of control.

This isn't true either.

HIV has been traced back as far as the early 1900s in/around the Kinshasa area of Zaire/Congo

The Cell That Started a Pandemic - Radiolab <-- Its about an hour, but its worth it. Its the best way to learn about how this works.

We can track the genetic rate of mutation and how far the disease is thought ot have spread.

HIV is basically the human form of SIV which is simian immunodeficiency virus...think of it as monkey aids. Its genetically similar.

Over time as viruses mutate sometimes all it takes is ONE mutation (i hope you understand evolution) to make the jump.

Since a lot of people there STILL eat bush meat (you can imagine how much they were eating back then) its plausible that there was blood-blood contact and it created the perfect storm to pass the disease on. You don't need to "fukk monkeys" for that to happen.

I know people want to think its man made, but think of it evolving similar to how avian/bird flu jumps to humans or monkey pox evolved to affect humans.

Its basically epidemology and evolution at work.

I'm going to HOPE that you have some basic biology/medical understanding of this.

I know people think humans can CREATE viruses...not exactly true. We can certainly hijack some of the processes and change the expression of various characteristics of it...but we can't CREATE the shyt.

Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.

I blame the miseducation of several individuals when it comes to basic science and human biology. If you make it sound "sciencey" enough, a lot of people don't know the difference and are easily susceptible to bullshyt.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

This isn't true either.

HIV has been traced back as far as the early 1900s in/around the Kinshasa area of Zaire/Congo

The Cell That Started a Pandemic - Radiolab <-- Its about an hour, but its worth it. Its the best way to learn about how this works.

We can track the genetic rate of mutation and how far the disease is thought ot have spread.

HIV is basically the human form of SIV which is simian immunodeficiency virus...think of it as monkey aids. Its genetically similar.

Over time as viruses mutate sometimes all it takes is ONE mutation (i hope you understand evolution) to make the jump.

Since a lot of people there STILL eat bush meat (you can imagine how much they were eating back then) its plausible that there was blood-blood contact and it created the perfect storm to pass the disease on. You don't need to "fukk monkeys" for that to happen.

I know people want to think its man made, but think of it evolving similar to how avian/bird flu jumps to humans or monkey pox evolved to affect humans.

Its basically epidemology and evolution at work.

I'm going to HOPE that you have some basic biology/medical understanding of this.

i am aware of species specific immunodeficiency viruses.

i am aware of the genetic history being traced back to simian roots.

what i'm saying is that the jump to human infection maaaaaayyyyy have had a little help from people who know waaaaay more about it and were paid by people who may think differently than i (we) do.

:fukall:

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
because there was flawed knowledge in the 80s that only gays had AIDS.

Its long since been disproved but the stigma lasts mostly because HIV is hard to detect for months.

Yeah, but why does the government still ban that community from donating blood today?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
i am aware of species specific immunodeficiency viruses.

i am aware of the genetic history being traced back to simian roots.

what i'm saying is that the jump to human infection maaaaaayyyyy have had a little help from people who know waaaaay more about it and were paid by people who may think differently than i (we) do.

OK.

Where's your evidence.

Its unfair to apply this criticism to HIV when you apparently "KNOW" about how other disease transmissions and evolutions occur.

Why single out HIV.

It wouldn't be the stigma associated with gays, would it? :usure:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well if it wuznt man made it sounds like god had a plan:youngsabo:....then the homos decided to pull a switcharoo on em like "you forgot we fuk puzzy sumtimes too huh:umad:?"

God-:mindblown:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
OK.

Where's your evidence.

Its unfair to apply this criticism to HIV when you apparently "KNOW" about how other disease transmissions and evolutions occur.

Why single out HIV.

It wouldn't be the stigma associated with gays, would it? :usure:

the stigma to gays has everything to do with it.

like i said in my previous post...the gay community was hardest hit because it was purposefully targeted.

why was crack such a huge problem in the inner cities?

because the CIA was shipping Cocaine into the U.S. from South America into the U.S. and protecting it's suppliers.....this is a fact.

apply the same mentality to the profanation of a disease like AIDS.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Canada JUST ended their ban on gay blood donation...like TODAY : Canada now accepting blood donations from gay men, with conditions | CTV Kitchener News :obama:

and the US has been reconsidering it within the last year:

Ban on Gay Blood Donors May End - ABC News

Several countries already allow it.

This doesn't mean a full acceptance, it goes on to say " Health Canada will allow men to donate blood if they haven't had sex with a man in the last five years,"

What does that mean to you?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
the stigma to gays has everything to do with it.

like i said in my previous post...the gay community was hardest hit because it was purposefully targeted.

why was crack such a huge problem in the inner cities?

because the CIA was shipping Cocaine into the U.S. from South America into the U.S. and protecting it's suppliers.....this is a fact.

apply the same mentality to the profanation of a disease like AIDS.

1. Crack was huge because poor people were targeted...AND since most blacks were poor around that time, they took the biggest hit. blah blah blah. I know. Gary Webb, iran-contra, etc.

2. You're really making a non-sequitur of attributing one government conspiracy (confirmed albeit) to something that has NO backing ESPECIALLY since you claim to understand human biology and medicine. Anal sex is more abrasive than vaginal sex so it leads to more transmission...AND there is a stigma towards homosexuality so a lot of gay men sneak to have sex with other men thus prolonging discovery of the disease.

I'm not saying you have to believe EVERYTHING the government tells you, but again, there isn't a conspiracy here.

You haven't asserted anything but mere conjecture and unsubstantiated opinion in the face of what you (again) claim to be understanding of human biology and immunology.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This doesn't mean a full acceptance, it goes on to say " Health Canada will allow men to donate blood if they haven't had sex with a man in the last five years,"

What does that mean to you?

Sound's like progress.

Gay men don't hide the disease more than women. Thats pseudoscience There is still some stigma towards it and towards gay men. Notice how it doesn't say anything about women.

Thats the problem.

Several countries have a 6 month - 1 year ban on gay donation too.

Its better than nothing.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
1. Crack was huge because poor people were targeted...AND since most blacks were poor around that time, they took the biggest hit. blah blah blah. I know. Gary Webb, iran-contra, etc.

coke/crack was huge...crack was / is prosecuted harder than coke because the people who consume the "crack" variation of cocaine are the target.

2. You're really making a non-sequitur of attributing one government conspiracy (confirmed albeit) to something that has NO backing ESPECIALLY since you claim to understand human biology and medicine. Anal sex is more abrasive than vaginal sex so it leads to more transmission...AND there is a stigma towards homosexuality so a lot of gay men sneak to have sex with other men thus prolonging discovery of the disease.

I'm not saying you have to believe EVERYTHING the government tells you, but again, there isn't a conspiracy here.

You haven't asserted anything but mere conjecture and unsubstantiated opinion in the face of what you (again) claim to be understanding of human biology and immunology.

just saying that it was a population ripe for targeting because of the reasons you just stated.