Social media

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
For me I have different standards for the threshold for myself vs a guy I'm dating, because usually we'd be doing it for different reasons. I could fb message or dm a dude 8 hours a day and have no intentions of ever meeting him or talking dirty or anything. A dude sliding into dms is most likely trying to take it further. Hard to enact such a double standard in a healthy relationship tho

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
Yea it is boo

:huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

I'd be definitely feeling some type of way with dude PM'ing her like that, even if Im fairly certain she won't give him the green light.
I feel you. I just figure idle chat isnt really harmful if it doesnt lead to any action

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Im lenient being the Social butterfly Gemini that I am. I trust my intuition and communicate how certain things make me feel. Female friends are cool. Overt flirting back and forth nah. Do they know about me? That matters.

All in all, if I communicate my disapproval or dislike of something and it continues, I walk. I don't have to submit myself to unnecessary drama.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm about to become a gamer/youtuber. My life will consist of social media and being a hermit. No time for boyfriends or girlfriends.

Don't go down this path.:mjpls:

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Bumping this. Curious on everyone's - brehs and brehettes - social media etiquette rules.
Question for everyone, if you're in a happy relationship, would you be friends with someone you once dated on social media? :jbhmm:
Better yet, would you be liking and commenting on the pics and albums of someone you dated while you're in a relationship?:jbhmm:

How would you feel if you were in a relationship with someone who was? Is it okay if it's public and no overt flirting is involved?:jbhmm:

It's a very fine line...

You have to pick your battles... Not everything is worth stirring the pot... Just religiously check on your investment :youngsabo:...if you notice habitual line stepping or blatant disrespect, then address it in the most diplomatic way possible... It still might backfire on you if you mention it... You just have to ask yourself if bringing it up is worth the fight that it will cause...

It's what I do...my husband is fb friends with his ex's mother... The mother comments on vacation pictures, family pictures,... Etc... It's all positive but I know she going back and telling errthang to her daughter...I see it as she lurking trying to figure out if her daughter has a chance...

But when his mother passed, she was like a mother to him... Who am I to tell him not to keep in contact with her...
But I'm watching though... That inbox too :sas2:

tater

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, if a guy wants me to stop talking to my male friends I will, but he better not be talking to his female friends. :ufdup:

I don't do SM an I usually don't date men that are on there a lot. Maybe I just get played though because I can't monitor their pages. :to:

I don't really have trust issues though. I always feel like if you want to cheat there's nothing I can do to stop you. If you do and I find out, it's over :yeshrug:, simple as that.