So You’ve Been Offered $15K To Move To Topeka, Kansas......

Would you accept the offer?

• Yes

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
If you had a job in hand, I would visit and try it out. I did the same thing n Upstate NY. Here's the thing, the Black community in these areas tends to be a bit tighter than areas where you have loads of us. Also, you can live well cheaply and stash lots of money so if you do leave you are financially good. I was making high five figures when I lived upstate, had a 2BR in the best apartment building for $900/mo, paid off my student debt, credit cards, and saved a bunch of money. Topeka is super close to Kansas City too so you have options.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I've lived in Kansas City and there is NNNOOOOO fukkin' way I'd live in fukkin' Topeka, KS for any amount of fukkin' money.

You're out of your damn mind to think otherwise :gucci:

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)
I actually did in early 2015 and left before year's end to do the job i took there from home
it ain't THAT bad IF you have a laidback vibe. it's a slow city. the area wasn't that different from stl actually. exact same cost of living.
but, it's like a dustier version of stl, which is a dustier version of chicago
but it ain't quite close enough to kc and they have those annoylng tolls if you even think about ever leaving (or entering) city limits
they had like almost one of everything. one mall, one club, one decent barbershop, one wendys, no jack in the box or 7-eleven etc
and the walgreens on my street still looked like this
scan0006.jpg

weird place

small world (city). i worked with this guy at the local VA hospital. he said he liked to rap and I laughed. who knew?

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Couldn’t fukk with it. I’m in the KC area if my company and job moved there plus 15K I still wouldn’t do it and that’s like an hour 15 minutes away.

Westboro Baptist Ministry is that homophobic church

Yeah that's them. I felt so bad they had little kids out there holding I hate faq signs right on the highway. These fukkers also protested my ex wife's college graduation:dahell:.

Olathe is pretty nice. Kansas City wasn't too far. Was always weird to me though that KC Missouri was so much nicer than KC Kansas:mindblown: