So XBX/XBS is already 1 milly behind PS5...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Trash system.

Delta will be up to 4+ million by end of year. Then MS will get even more desperate and spend $15 billion on a huge publisher.
What if it didn't really matter how many consoles you sold because your customer base exist beyond those boundaries? They're at 18 million users right now.

You don't seem to get it. Selling consoles might help further their business model but it isn't their full business model. For Sony and Nintendo to have a customer they have to sell a console first.

You can check my Gamertag I'm far from an Xbox fanboy but even I can recognize greatness.
An overview of winb83's gaming activity.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
What if it didn't really matter how many consoles you sold because your customer base exist beyond those boundaries? They're at 18 million users right now.

You don't seem to get it. Selling consoles might help further their business model but it isn't their full business model. For Sony and Nintendo to have a customer they have to sell a console first.

You can check my Gamertag I'm far from an Xbox fanboy but even I can recognize greatness.
An overview of winb83's gaming activity.
To get even more people to buy in and to cover the cost of the systems? I mean, why even make a system at all then if it’s just about other platforms?

Daps
How much of these consoles are in the hands of scalpers?

That's an overlooked point.

Most people that really want an X can get one if they're ready during the drops. The resell value isn't as strong, so regular consumers actually have a decent shot.

PS5 is a different beast. Drops are hella competitive and scalpers know they can make a little change. Even selling on StockX with all those fees will net $100. Make closer to $200 if you sell the digital PS5. Other platforms have higher margins but can be riskier.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
To get even more people to buy in and to cover the cost of the systems? I mean, why even make a system at all then if it’s just about other platforms?
It's a good chunk of the base until things can be completely untethered from the console. All these things are loss leaders right now to scale the business. If they were smart they'd figure out how to get Gamepass via xcloud on Playstation and Switch but I doubt Sony and Nintendo will receive that just like Apple tried to block them.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Systems where never the end goal for gaming and microsoft. I doubt that has changed, but what has changed is how much the see value in gaming as a hold, on top of that the person running the xbox division is a gamer and has a pretty good grasp on what the future of gaming is going to look like.

With those things combined, starting to distance yourself from being just a system that provides games is smart.

It's about having your imprint on as much as possible, and having people invested into an ecosystem. Gamepass and xbox live is that for them.

The xbox is just a means to allow people direct access to that now, but also your phone, pc and soon probably tv and who knows what else.

The sub, or rent, or monthly pay system has ALWAYS been the most lucrative. And now microsoft has the 1st and the best version of that for gaming.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The Series S is annoying because it’s pushed as next gen and the shyt ain’t even been performing as good as the One X especially when we consider resolution. There’s fukkin 720p and 900p games on that shyt. shyt was just a terrible idea especially when u consider this is only the beginning. They tried to make a weaker version which is cool but they made it TOO weak.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
full