So who really is the face of DC Comics,Batman or Superman?

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Superman was obviously DCs top dog going back to the beginning of their comics.They even had black and white movies about him back then.But starting in the late 80s it seems like things changed.Superman wasnt the cool character he was before and Batman took the throne and carried DC over the last 25 years.And probably did more for sales than Superman ever did.So which character best symbolizes DC?Who would be their go to mascot if they had to pick just 1?Obviously with Marvel it's Spider-Man.But what about DC?Could it be both?

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I voted for Batman. But I'm conflicted.

If DC was forced to give up the trademark to one of them in comic books...they'd give up Batman. I know Batman has had the more epic critically acclaimed graphic novels and series' BUT...Superman will always sell from here until the end of time.

When it comes to films however, Batman is the face. Alld day every day. Superman's brand doesn't translate to film anymore. I mean, just look at this latest Superman movie...it's barely Superman.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Superman and only because he was there top character for years. When you think if super heroes you think of superman. Batman is deff second though.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's Superman, Batman just happens to be a lot cooler than him

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
superman is the face of comic books.

No. He's not. All that was over heading into the 90s. The X-Men took the comic world by STORM in the 80s and 90s..they ended up selling 8 million for that Volume 2 #1 by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee. Destroyed Superman and Batman sales. But I would say Batman is who everyone would easily vote for in any type of poll on this matter at any site..venue..situation.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
No. He's not. All that was over heading into the 90s. The X-Men took the comic world by STORM in the 80s and 90s..they ended up selling 8 million for that Volume 2 #1 by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee. Destroyed Superman and Batman sales. But I would say Batman is who everyone would easily vote for in any type of poll on this matter at any site..venue..situation.

i'm not a big comic book guy.

but when i think superhero, i think of superman. he's what comes to mind when it comes to superpowers. he's more than a comic book character.. he's a global icon. batman is close.. but i don't see him having as much influence.

when kids would put their underwear over their pants and pretend to be a superhero.. they're not imitating batman. they're putting their arms out like superman and flying.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's kind of weird. People are really thinking Batman is like some second tier type in 2013. Odd. Superman used to be all those things you said but his value is nowhere near what it was. When he went all electric and had the blue and red versions, that didn't sell anything. Movie wise? He's not as big as the others and to say he's just head and shoulders above Batman in 2013? There's just no way you can deduct that.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

stop it

everyone the world over knows who superman is. the X-men are big in the comic book world.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Popular doesn't = face of comics . And in the 90s you forget superman was doing the death angle . That shyt was all over the news and everything .