So, which of the non-islands do you consider as part of the Caribbean? A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Y

Daps
I don't consider Guyana or Suriname (or French Guiana) part of the Caribbean. In fact, they shouldn't even be part of the CONCACAF, instead, they should be part of the CONMEBOL.

If you want to say that The Guianas are part of the Caribbean because of their coastline then you have to add every country that has a coastline on the Caribbean Sea is part of the Caribbean.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I don't consider Guyana or Suriname (or French Guiana) part of the Caribbean. In fact, they shouldn't even be part of the CONCACAF, instead, they should be part of the CONMEBOL.

If you want to say that The Guianas are part of the Caribbean because of their coastline then you have to add every country that has a coastline on the Caribbean Sea is part of the Caribbean.
The Caribbean (/ˌkærɪˈbiːən, kəˈrɪbiən/, locally /ˈkærɪbiæn/;[5] Spanish: El Caribe; French: la Caraïbe; Haitian Creole: Karayib; Dutch: De Caraïben) is a region of the Americas that consists of the Caribbean Sea, its islands (some surrounded by the Caribbean Sea[6] and some bordering both the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean)[7] and the surrounding coasts. The region is southeast of the Gulf of Mexico and the North American mainland, east of Central America and north of South America islets, reefsand cays.[8

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is the banner carried the governor of NY during the 2022 West Indian American Day Parade.

52336896658_b055e1d24f_b.jpg

How did Just Ice say it?

"To get to the point, and make it clear. If I don't see your flag, that means you were not there !"

*just jokes

Last edited:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That'd be the end of their chapter.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

no they should not be in COMNEBOL and yes every country with a coastline in the caribbean is apart of the caribbean (not mexico or the us obviously)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Nov 7, 2023

Bermuda to initiate consultation process towards full CARICOM membership​

Bermuda will this year initiate consultations on becoming a full member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), Her Excellency Rena Lalgie, Governor of Bermuda, announced on Friday, 3 November 2023.

The Governor made the announcement during a Speech from the Throne which sets out the Government’s legislative agenda for the upcoming year.
Bermuda became an Associate Member in July 2003. It is one of five Associate Members of CARICOM, the others being, Anguilla, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, and the Turks and Caicos Islands.

“Madame President and Members of the Senate; Mr. Speaker and Members of the House of Assembly; the vision of former Premier, the Hon. Dame Jennifer Smith, was for Bermuda to strengthen the historic, familial, and cultural ties to the Caribbean. This year marks the 20th anniversary of Bermuda’s entry into CARICOM as Associate Member. In this anniversary year, the Government will renew the vision of Dame Jennifer, initiating a consultation process leading to full membership in CARICOM,” the Governor said

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
All of em tbh.

Colombia's Caribbean coast is pretty much Caribbean, they're so different from the mountains Colombian in Bogota from my experience.

They eat plantain and aren't really on that funny business
:mjpls:

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Coming up when we said we were carribbean we were talking about Jamaica, Haiti, Trinidad, Guyana, Grenada, St Thomas etc. Not places like Puerto Rico, Dominican republic (even though it's right next to Haiti, Colombia etc.