So where do we rank Doe or Die among albums in the 90s?

H.S.

All Star
Daps
One of my favorite albums. I saw it as a segue between Illmatic and It Was Written. I think this record influenced Reasonable Doubt pretty heavy also.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It would be very lucky to crack top 10 of 1995.

This right here...

And it was for the most part "just another dope album" in '95 at that. Had a few clear standouts... but everything that wasn't a standout was pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
One of my favorite albums. I saw it as a segue between Illmatic and It Was Written. I think this record influenced Reasonable Doubt pretty heavy also.
You think an album that dropped after most songs were recorded for RD influenced it? Maybe the cover.

He was releasing shyt like like that far before Doe or Die was released

I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
jealous ones envy and ALL group wu albums over doe or die ? :wtf:

Jealous Ones Envy outperformed Doe Or Die critically in 1995. I mean the Wu albums from 36 Chambers through Forever, solos included.

Doe Or Die didn't set the world on fire. Nas Stan's are busy revising history about it online.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Doe Or Die didn't set the world on fire. Nas Stan's are busy revising history about it online.

Glad someone else remembers this. If there were ever a hindsight classic, Doe or Die would be one of 'em. He had a hit with "Sugar Hill" and a few joints got some heavy mixtape play... but this shyt came and went so fast, it'd make your head spin. Dope album but that's about it.

Fall of '95 was STACKED. Lotta music goin' on... by the time AZ's second single came out, Doe Or Die was already old news.

Shoutout to the original version of "Your World Don't Stop" tho'... had me thinkin' a sure-nuff all-time classic was comin'. Then the shyt wasn't even on the album. :beli:

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
Jealous Ones Envy outperformed Doe Or Die critically in 1995. I mean the Wu albums from 36 Chambers through Forever, solos included.

Doe or Die is better then Tical, Return to the 36 Chambers and even Ironman

Mak

Internet OG
Daps
Reppin
Catch me i the hood, posted at the sto, tool on my
Its definitly Top 10 for me. I rank albums based off what they did for me and this reminds me of 8th grade my homie put me on, I still remember me and him performed Mo Money Mo Murder in front of class, cant remember why tho....:manny:......either way....the good ole days:ahh:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
It's defintely not fukking with Ironman, and unless you can't stand ODB's style then Rtt36 Chambers is much better as well.

shyt........I'd have Killarmy's first album over it.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

outperformed critically ? um so what ? you dont have your own opinion ?

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
I do. And its inline with what most others opinion was....Joe had a better album than AZ.

Jealous Ones Envy is an awesome album. Much more cohesive.