So What's The Verdict On AC: Valhalla?

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Confession: I've NEVER played an AC game, but wanted to give this a try (though I realize that this probably isn't the best game to introduce yourself to the AC franchise and its fighting/gear/looting systems).

Story is interesting, graphics are good (I have a PS4 Pro) and Ubisoft claims it's the best selling game of the entire franchise.

So why does it all seem so underwhelming? I barely hear people talking about it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I was on the fence about it...but I’m gonna give it a fair chance after I play cyberpunk in a month or two...overall reviews (critic and user) have been favorable...the comments in the thread vary and seem to be even...some found it boring, others seemed to enjoy it...I’m interested in playing it but not to the tune of $60...got it for $40 technically as part of a B2G1 free deal at bestbuy

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I was on the fence about it...but I’m gonna give it a fair chance after I play cyberpunk in a month or two...overall reviews (critic and user) have been favorable...the comments in the thread vary and seem to be even...some found it boring, others seemed to enjoy it...I’m interested in playing it but not to the tune of $60...got it for $40 technically as part of a B2G1 free deal at bestbuy
Word, I got it for $39.99, so I was like "why not?"

Bout to hit the thread up to comment...

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I haven’t played it but I’ve played most of the AC games including origins & odyssey so I’m familiar with the series overall and have watched my GF play it who has about 70+ hours on it. Honestly it looks nice :ehh: They brought back some of the assassination & blending mechanics and despite it being a Viking game, it feels more like an “Assassins” game than odyssey was. Combat is slower paced but more methodical which seems to be a upgrade as well

I’d probably play it if I was more into Vikings and that kind of setting, maybe I will eventually :ehh:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They seem to "rebooting" the series by rewriting the ending of 3. They seem to realize everything since 3 has been convoluted. Unfortunately, the ending plays out exactly how 3 ended to a tee with the new villain using the protagonist and the entire games before being a waste of time. Exactly similar to what Juno did with Desmond. History basically repeating itself.

I wouldn't mind it necessarily if we weren't already 13 years in to the modern day story and we are years away from seeing how it fully plays out. There seems to a path towards endgame now it's just a matter of the series will last long enough to see it through.