So we halfway through the year. Any GOTY contenders? 2022 edition

True Darkseid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
SWATS, GA
If you play wrestling games WWE 2k22 by far. Basically since they took a year off, and actually concentrated on the game has made it hella enjoyable.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
200w.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
sifu has been my personal favorite game to play so far this year and it should easily win indie GOTY but I don’t think it can compare to elden ring
I didn't play that one either, because the idea of only having 10 lives is very 1990s arcade mechanic imo. If i own a game i should never have to restart from the beginning. They only did that back in the day because it was a way to get you to spend more quarters. I'm not trying to get high scores anymore, i want to beat the game. every single one. So many old school games i invested hours into and never completed :mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't play that one either, because the idea of only having 10 lives is very 1990s arcade mechanic imo. If i own a game i should never have to restart from the beginning. They only did that back in the day because it was a way to get you to spend more quarters. I'm not trying to get high scores anymore, i want to beat the game. every single one. So many old school games i invested hours into and never completed :mjcry:

I’m confused…your life is limited to age and not a specific amount of lives…also the game’s parameters are not as rigid as I thought it would be…if you make it to a new level prior to exhausting your life then that’s where you’ll start but you can/probably will choose to go back to lower levels to build up your skills…it’s more fun than I anticipated it being on the game’s original setting…you can even lower the difficulty if you feel you’re genuinely not that good but still want to experience the game…I know folks pretend to act snobby about that but the devs include the option for a reason…the goal is to enjoy the game ultimately :yes:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I’m confused…your life is limited to age and not a specific amount of lives…also the game’s parameters are not as rigid as I thought it would be…if you make it to a new level prior to exhausting your life then that’s where you’ll start but you can/probably will choose to go back to lower levels to build up your skills…it’s more fun than I anticipated it being on the game’s original setting…you can even lower the difficulty if you feel you’re genuinely not that good but still want to experience the game…I know folks pretend to act snobby about that but the devs include the option for a reason…the goal is to enjoy the game ultimately :yes:
From what i heard you get older every time you die, but you can't age indefinitely, you can only get older 10 times before it's a game over screen. Thats essentially just a clever way a disguising the fact that you start the game with 10 lives. maybe i'll watch a walkthrough though and see for myself how it flows.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From what i heard you get older every time you die, but you can't age indefinitely, you can only get older 10 times before it's a game over screen. Thats essentially just a clever way a disguising the fact that you start the game with 10 lives. maybe i'll watch a walkthrough though and see for myself how it flows.

ok wow I never looked at it like that…granted you can reset the age counter throughout the game at each level/stage so it still wouldn’t necessarily be 10 lives…again it’s not as rigid as other rogue/rogue-like games

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
ok wow I never looked at it like that…granted you can reset the age counter throughout the game at each level/stage so it still wouldn’t necessarily be 10 lives…again it’s not as rigid as other rogue/rogue-like games
Hmm, good to know. i think i'll try that game out.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmm, good to know. i think i'll try that game out.

I was gonna pass on this game bcuz I thought it’d be one of those games that I ended up wasting money on bcuz ultimately it’d be too difficult to finish…the game was far from easy but the way it’s set up they do a great job of making it fun/encouraging to want to get better…I actually found myself starting over from the beginning on purpose even tho it wasn’t required or necessary just for the challenge of getting better…case in point, I got to a point where I beat the first level and only died once but still wanted to get to a point where I could make it thru without dying at all consistently…and it was enjoyable…I like that I never really felt stuck with the exception of the 2nd boss…and he became easy as shyt after a while…being able to permanently unlock upgrades allows you to feel like you’re making progress (which you are) instead of that frustrating feeling of starting from scratch and doing everything all over again…the game was a pleasant surprise