So uh....Did We Do A WOAT/GOAT POTY For The Film Room?

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
I've tried to do original idea threads and no one ever replies.

:MJCryRDR:

I think definitely doing those movie threads is a good idea weekly ones.

Maybe have a rotation, one week classic movie, one week comedy, drama etc.

Do good movies, bad movies all kind, switch it up. That way we can get everyone involved.

Cause I know there are movies I haven't seen that others have and vice versa. It's much easier now to find movies than before plus most people now got subscriptions.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How would everyone feel if we had a weekly thread called Junkfood Cinema? Basically, we'd talk about and look at a movie that may not have the best reputation, like Mortal Kombat, and talk about it, view it, critique it, and vote on whether it belongs in the "Film Room Hall of Fame"

shyt we need our own pantheon anyway. A Hall of Fame where we vote on flicks and decide whether they're Film Room worthy or not

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There has been a surprising upset....stay tuned folks.

Fred.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
How would everyone feel if we had a weekly thread called Junkfood Cinema? Basically, we'd talk about and look at a movie that may not have the best reputation, like Mortal Kombat, and talk about it, view it, critique it, and vote on whether it belongs in the "Film Room Hall of Fame"

shyt we need our own pantheon anyway. A Hall of Fame where we vote on flicks and decide whether they're Film Room worthy or not

I listen to a couple of podcasts that circle this general vicinity.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea.

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self

Let's do this!

This means I can finally put y'all on the piff known as Angry Birds.

:wow:

Also, have a voting thread strictly for voting and we get suggestions from different brehs and throw it up and whichever has the most votes will be the movie we chose the following week.

:JordanIDK:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
We're supposed to be. That was the initial goal of this place. To not be on some petty shyt, have actual discussions, keep it fun, keep it intellectual, and be on some Utopian shyt. And it worked for a while but there's been an influx of people and when you get that, things change. Some for the better, some for the worst.

To echo @StraxStrax this place has been pretty meh over the last year and I'm not sure why really. We wanted this to be spot where you could talk movies or tv or comics and not fall into the same traps the other sub forums around here fall into. 2018 is still young so it still can be that place again but if we truly want it to be, then I still say no to a WOAT vote and poster. Just drags us down further into the shyt that we don't want to be, which is one reason @Zero and @Ironman said shyt needed to change a few weeks ago.
It's been downhill since kp404 left. Plus some of the great posters hardly ever post in here anymore.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Well since @Ebonic Plague dapped my idea, I'm moving forward with it:russ:
tenor.gif

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Let's do this!

This means I can finally put y'all on the piff known as Angry Birds.

:wow:

Also, have a voting thread strictly for voting and we get suggestions from different brehs and throw it up and whichever has the most votes will be the movie we chose the following week.

:JordanIDK:
what do you know about this classic here??
220px-BEWARE_CHILDREN_AT_PLAY_poster.jpg

so ahead of its time!
:banderas: