So the French expected everybody to be cool with not having AC during the Olympics?

concise

Veteran
Daps
:dahell:

PARIS, July 30 (Reuters) - The Paris 2024 organisers had hoped their innovative self-cooling Olympic Village apartments would make air conditioning redundant, helping them to deliver the greenest Games in history.
But with temperatures sky-rocketing in the French capital, many delegations are taking no chances.
After a downpour during the opening ceremony and a wet weekend, France is now in the middle of a heatwave that pushed the mercury in Paris into the mid-30s degrees Celsius on Tuesday.

At the Olympic Village, air conditioning units have been selling in droves, with richer countries striving to cushion their athletes from the heat while poorer nations struggle to provide the same care.

:laff:

Expecting elite athletes to stew in a heatwave is crazy.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The water from underground should be enough.

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
No lie. I grew up in a shotgun house on bricks for like the first 6 or 7 years of life. Hardly anyone had a central AC unit. Most were lucky to have one window unit. I honestly don't know how I managed it.

But when I go to Central America, it takes me back immediately. I think I know which countries really can't live with out, and others might just shrug it off.