so mahv-L's new tactic of teaming up their superheroes in solo movies is a failure

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I saw that, it probably tops out at $840M. it's not getting to a billion even with China. Japan will add about $15M-20M.
i agree with that too, it'll never hit a billion.. but really there haven't been many superhero movies to make that

both avengers
dark knight and dkr
civil war
iron man 3

that's it.. 840 would put it above any other spiderman movie and wonder woman which only hit 780

we really gotta tone down these billion dollar expectations for everything

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
840 would put it above any other spiderman movie and wonder woman which only hit 780

Wonder Woman hasn't opened in Japan yet and is still making money here. It's going over 800 million also and there's no "only" about it. Wonder Woman only cost $149M to make and isn't a tier 1 character like Spider-Man. Plus, more money is made from domestic box office (roughly 50%) compared to overseas where studios only keep a fraction of that.

So if you really wanna be real about it, Wonder Woman is more profitable than Spider-Man. But see this is what I mean, people come in these threads and say things but I'm not sure they really know what's going on. I'm not saying you specifically, I don't try to turn things into DC vs. Marvel. My posts are fair to both sides, I only speak on the facts. People said Batman/Superman was a fail but they don't want to say the same about Spider-Man featuring Iron Man so I am here to balance things out. :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Wonder Woman hasn't opened in Japan yet and is still making money here. It's going over 800 million also and there's no "only" about it. Wonder Woman only cost $149M to make and isn't a tier 1 character like Spider-Man. Plus, more money is made from domestic box office (roughly 50%) compared to overseas where studios only keep a fraction of that.

So if you really wanna be real about it, Wonder Woman is more profitable than Spider-Man. But see this is what I mean, people come in these threads and say things but I'm not sure they really know what's going on. I'm not saying you specifically, I don't try to turn things into DC vs. Marvel. My posts are fair to both sides, I only speak on the facts. People said Batman/Superman was a fail but they don't want to say the same about Spider-Man featuring Iron Man so I am here to balance things out. :manny:
i wasn't really digging into profits and all that.. i'm just saying making a billion shouldn't be the benchmark for all superhero movies. i try not to shyt on either company and have seen every single comic movie in theater back to blade and the first first batman's.

only thing i will say is wonder woman is DEFINITELY tier 1. she is the first female superhero that comes to mind pretty much across the world. i remember that argument in here about who would be top 5 in popular comic book characters.. it was pretty much wonder woman and hulk for the last spots behind batman, superman and spidey.. if she's not tier 1, who the hell on dc is?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i wasn't really digging into profits and all that.. i'm just saying making a billion shouldn't be the benchmark for all superhero movies. i try not to shyt on either company and have seen every single comic movie in theater back to blade and the first first batman's.

only thing i will say is wonder woman is DEFINITELY tier 1. she is the first female superhero that comes to mind pretty much across the world. i remember that argument in here about who would be top 5 in popular comic book characters.. it was pretty much wonder woman and hulk for the last spots behind batman, superman and spidey.. if she's not tier 1, who the hell on dc is?

There are only two tier one superheroes because Spider-Man and Batman are in a class of their own. Superman is there but not quite and Iron Man is there as long as Downey is involved. They both generate waaaaayy more revenue than anyone else in their respective brands. Wonder Woman is a very solid tier 2 but she can't be compared to those two.

Every Marvel movie that's made a billion stars Downey Jr. so I wonder how well Iron Man will perform following Downey.

Also, one billion is the benchmark only because that's what the Marvel fans or "stans" in this forum wanted it to be. They went on and on about how Spidey and GOTG2 were easy "billy" and neither will get there. They said Thor Ragnorak is an easy billy also so we'll see.

These threads are simply troll jobs on comments that were made :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
There are only two tier one superheroes because Spider-Man and Batman are in a class of their own. Superman is there but not quite and Iron Man is there as long as Downey is involved. They both generate waaaaayy more revenue than anyone else in their respective brands. Wonder Woman is a very solid tier 2 but she can't be compared to those two.

Every Marvel movie that's made a billion stars Downey Jr. so I wonder how well Iron Man will perform following Downey.

Also, one billion is the benchmark only because that's what the Marvel fans or "stans" in this forum wanted it to be. They went on and on about how Spidey and GOTG2 were easy "billy" and neither will get there. They said Thor Ragnorak is an easy billy also so we'll see.

These threads are simply troll jobs on comments that were made :manny:
fukking idiots :mjgrin:

4 movies out of what... 15 or something have made a billy... 3 of them incorporating at least 6 plus superheros in it.. yea.. definitely not going to happen every time or even close to it