so I've been catfishing myself...

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes wonder if I have that body dysmorphia thing, but in reverse. Think I am a certain size, looking cute. Then I see myself in a mirror next to someone else and think, damn, I am about her size?!?! :ohhh:
Happened to me just this week. :mjcry:

I have BDD bad

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I always have people tell me I'm pretty and then when I look in the mirror or at photos I think I look #teamaverage. I think it's mostly because I have a more angled face so it can look really weird in photos or in the mirror, but look good in motion. Same thing with my body. My mom, sister, and friends will say I have a shape, but it looks like the rectangle body type:snoop:

Daps
I always have people tell me I'm pretty and then when I look in the mirror or at photos I think I look #teamaverage. I think it's mostly because I have a more angled face so it can look really weird in photos or in the mirror, but look good in motion. Same thing with my body. My mom, sister, and friends will say I have a shape, but it looks like the rectangle body type:snoop:
Rectangles aren't bad. A lot of beautiful women have that body type

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
Rectangles aren't bad. A lot of beautiful women have that body type
I don't think of the rectangle as a bad thing. My frustration comes from how my mom and sister see my body shape than I do. We never agree on what it is. My mom and sister say hourglass and I just don't see it. Funny enough my mom thinks people with hips look weird.

Last edited:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of SolaceāœŒ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I did the same thing and I looked better than I thought I did.

What I see in the mirror actually looks worse than how I look in reality.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty ļ£æ
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Oh girl me too! Sometimes I'll take a selfie of myself to verify this phenomenon and my face is crooked af. I look like Steven Hawking.

I'm not photogenic at all. I guess I'm #teamugly, but I be thinking I'm cute looking in the mirror. I thought wrong :francis:.
Let me be the judge for research purposes :lolbron:

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
Stop being so hard on yourself! :ufdup: everyone has something about themselves that they don't like.

You just gotta play up the things you do like.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our eyes do an AMAZING job of correcting visual mistakes, asymmetry especially. I learned this when I first started to paint, I would do something I thought looked okay, but then I'd comeback a few days later and realize it's wack and full of mistakes. Same thing applies to our faces, we're so used to looking at ourselves in the mirror that we get used to -and eventually disregard- some of our more subtle flaws. So when you first look at yourself in a mirror image it can be really jarring. The thing is, this same type of correction applies to how other people look at you too, so even though you notice your flaws when you first see yourself in the correct perspective, rest assured that the people who see you everyday are used to how you look, and don't really notice your flaws either, they just see you for the beautiful you that you think you are.

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Our eyes do an AMAZING job of correcting visual mistakes, asymmetry especially. I learned this when I first started to paint, I would do something I thought looked okay, but then I'd comeback a few days later and realize it's wack and full of mistakes. Same thing applies to our faces, we're so used to looking at ourselves in the mirror that we get used to -and eventually disregard- some of our more subtle flaws. So when you first look at yourself in a mirror image it can be really jarring. The thing is, this same type of correction applies to how other people look at you too, so even though you notice your flaws when you first see yourself in the correct perspective, rest assured that the people who see you everyday are used to how you look, and don't really notice your flaws either, they just see you for the beautiful you that you think you are.

:mjcry:

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm so used to looking at myself with filters so when I see myself without them im like :what::merchant::beli:.

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
Ok so I'm tryna figure out how to do this :lupe:

Also, I just noticed LAST YEAR that one side of my top lip is smaller than the other. Saw a picture of myself and was devastated.

Edit: So I did it and I think I might actually be cuter that way? :what: if that's the case, why am I so popped in pictures? It ain't adding up.

Last edited:

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
When i take pictures i realized that my jawbis crooked to the right. I have no idea how that happened. Also i have 2 different eyebrows.
Am i the onky one who thinks my pictures look better upside down:jbhmm:? Idk what it is. I take a selfie and i see my crooked jaw and weird eyebrows and the pic looks bad. But when i hold it upside down i look really pretty. Whats up with that?