So is PS5 3D Audio worth the hype or no?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The main thread not good enough?
What's next is the usb type c charger fast enough?

I've been a PlayStation fan since PlayStation:ufdup::ufdup:

4oijn5.gif

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The question is, would it sound any different if you turned the 3d audio off?
3D audio in and of itself isn’t new. Sony has advertised it as something they’ve done to improve upon it and I’ve yet to experience anything audio wise on the ps5 that I haven’t experienced elsewhere.
I haven't tried it with it off. I'll say this, since I've had my PS5 I've had my BeyerDyanmic DT 990 Pro headphones plugged into the controller for gaming. It drives it but not as loud as an amp of course. It's more noticeable in games like Cold War, Astro Bot and certain areas in Spider-Man.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I haven't tried it with it off. I'll say this, since I've had my PS5 I've had my BeyerDyanmic DT 990 Pro headphones plugged into the controller for gaming. It drives it but not as loud as an amp of course. It's more noticeable in games like Cold War, Astro Bot and certain areas in Spider-Man.
Glad to see i aint the only one who uses regular headphones for gaming instead of gaming headsets:jawalrus:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I thought the 3D audio feature was delayed?
There’s a setting in the menu to turn it on and off as well as adjust the “height” of the sound relative to your ears.
Playing warzone and miles Morales, I haven’t heard anything special going on. I’m assuming it’s just too early and there aren’t any games yet that utilize whatever tech they were marketing.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s a setting in the menu to turn it on and off as well as adjust the “height” of the sound relative to your ears.
Playing warzone and miles Morales, I haven’t heard anything special going on. I’m assuming it’s just too early and there aren’t any games yet that utilize whatever tech they were marketing.
Are you using headphones? It only works through the controller or PS5 directly(USB) with headphones. It's not updated yet to work with TV speakers or surround sound speakers.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Damn we gonna get is ‘ps5’s X worth the hype’ thread for every new feature now?

these faggits pissed at anything that makes PlayStation look bad. Man asking a genuine question and being attacks

:dahell: “Why you had to make this thread and not post it in the PlayStation, now the Xbox guys know that shyt we bragged on is worthless trash” :dead:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
these faggits pissed at anything that makes PlayStation look bad. Man asking a genuine question and being attacks

:dahell: “Why you had to make this thread and not post it in the PlayStation, now the Xbox guys know that shyt we bragged on is worthless trash” :dead:

Those are far from attacks, lol. And you starting to post like you really do need money, breh.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Returning the feeling :blessed:
Damn we gonna get is ‘ps5’s X worth the hype’ thread for every new feature now?
Says the guy who makes 3 threads a day on features we've already talked about :dahell:
If I was as broke as you, I'd be annoyed at "LEGITIMATE" internet post too :therethere:
Sony says nothing about it so either it's trash or the more likely scenario is that it's not ready to be implemented by devs yet. Systems launched 3 weeks ago, they still figuring everything out.

But the usual posters talking about how great it is already :laff: