so im a :flabbynsick: nikka, what are the essential threads to get cut?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Get familiar with how many calories you're taking in per day. At your weight you should be taking in about 2400 in order to lose weight. Limit calories you take in from liquids, switch mostly to drinking water.

Find a beginner workout plan and focus on doing the exercises with proper form and slowly increase the weight.

Free weights are going to be better than machines for the most part.

Last edited:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Get familiar with how many calories you're taking in per day. At your weight you should be taking in about 2700 in order to lose weight. Limit calories you take in from liquids, switch mostly to drinking water.

Find a beginner workout plan and focus on doing the exercises with proper form and slowly increase the weight.

Free weights are going to be better than machines for the most part.
that sounds really high fam.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
that sounds really high fam.

As he looses lbs the calorie needs would go down as the weight did too. He should be at ~2700 for maintenance. If he can handle 2200 that would be as low as he would need to go to start out. :manny:

Edit: lowered range, my factor was 18 because of high exercise level, average factor is weight in lbs * 16

Last edited:
Daps
I don't do no lifting or gym shyt breh I probably never seen the inside of a gym in my life. :flabbynsick:
@The Wave @DonKnock
Same with me, breh im :flabbynsick: and tryin to hit the gym for the Pawgs for next summer

Any tips

Im like 5'8 and weight is :mjcry:

Right now, ive been drinking these in the morning and for lunch and a healthy dinner. Water all day
0050000407370_CL_version_type_large.jpeg

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@The Wave @DonKnock
Same with me, breh im :flabbynsick: and tryin to hit the gym for the Pawgs for next summer

Any tips

Right now, ive been drinking these in the morning and for lunch and a healthy dinner. Water all day

Those look alright for a meal replacement, but you're going to need to get solid food in as well.

Do you have a lifting program or schedule yet?

And I would recommend downloading the MyFitnessPal app to start tracking your calories

Multiply your weight by 16 and that should be around your maintenance level of calorie intake.

Once you get that number subtract 300 and that will be the number of calories your should take in to start losing. If you can handle 300, you could bump to 500 below maintenance to cut faster.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@The Wave @DonKnock

Any tips

I can help you put together a plan... keyword there is a "help". You should always customize any lifting plan you are given to better suit your body.

What are you trying to work on most? How many days a week can you go to the gym? What kind of split do you want?

For starters, I think you should have a 3 day split with rest days in between and then graduate to a 5 day split when you really want to lift seriously

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm 164-166 and 5'10 and my caloric intake for the day is about 2500 with light exercise 1-3 days a week for about a hour to maintain the size I am now. If I want to lose weight its a measly 1950 :( So Op if you have a desk job or a job where you barely walk or do physical labor your probably at around 2100 to maintain the size your at now. Which I have to assume your eating wayyyyy over like most people.

1st thing you need to determine is if you want to bulk up or cut down. They require to different approaches, and bulking up is usually easier because you can still eat what you want to a certain extent while trying to cultivate muscle growth. Cutting is like going on a diet, but its pretty much a change of life, don't look at it as a diet but what you need to do to maintain a certain look that you want. If you look at cutting like a diet then it wont last long.

Once you figure out if you want to get bigger or tone up then you have to make it a point to hit the gym, I still waste time in the gym because I freestyle it which holds my progress back severally. Find or make good weekly plan of target areas for you weekly and stick to it! 3 days a week minimum is what you want to spend at the gym. Anything less than that and its going to be hard to see benefits unless your going crazy hard.

If you drink cokes and super sweet drink, my 1st suggestion is to cut those out of your diet. You dont have to ever drink them, but they should be a treat. Something here and there not often, once I realized that 250 calories out of 1900 was just gone for a drink I couldn't rationalize it in my head. And I love drinking cokes and things... but 250 cal plus for a drink....nah. I'd rather put that toward some junk food if im just waste calories like that.

Anyway, take it slow man. Do your research and dont try to do it all at once, it can be over whelming.