So I started IF, and need a little advice.....

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Without deconstructing your whole shyt... do you normally eat breakfast? If so, start your window at breakfast and see how you feel.

Likely the best implementation of IF anyway.
Intermittent Fasting Increases 24h Energy Expenditure, But Skipping Breakfast Linked to Reduced Metabolic Flexibility - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone
Yeah I've seen a couple of more studies (can't remember if all were on humans) show that restricted feeding with skipping dinner was most beneficial. It apparently reduced IGF-1 and helped with circadian rhythm. Don't remember how if skipping breakfast was beneficial at all with IGF.

Too bad that skipping dinner is just impossible for me :francis:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Thing about IF is that you SHOULD eat as clean as you can but you don’t necessarily have to “diet”. You got to get your calories in.

It’s all about packing calories in a window.

I was on a low carb IF last month and lost 15-20lbs (went from around 205-210 to 185... I am 190 as of this week and I’m not IF or low craning really).

You will suffer a lil strength loss but not much. If I lose 15 more I’m Gucci and at my HS football playing weigh and still repping 225 inclines and shyt.

My IF was basic af. Would just eat two meals a day (low-no carbs) and take 2 protein shakes a day. Tea instead of coffee, etc., doing a 8/16.

First couple weeks was rough for me being weak and tired but after that I was cool.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
I'm on day 4 and I'm soooooooooooooo tired. I'm doing the 16:8 method. I dont drink coffee, but I got some today to wake myself up at work, and that still didnt work. I was knocked OUT in the break room after lunch. I dont know if its because I'm not eating extra greens, like I've seen people say on here? I eat veggies with both my meals, but its the normal amount that I'd usually make.

I started this, because I've been stalled on my weight loss for literally 6 months now. I havent gained, but I havent lost either. And I want to drop this last 30.

Would 14:10 give me about the same results?

Have you done IF before, I wouldn't advise to just jump into 16/8, I would build up to it ?

One thing when its prob making you feel so tired is lack of Electrolytes, lack of them will make you feel tired and give you headaches. Your flushing a lot of it out whilst drinking during your fast, so need to ensure you are adding salt to food or even just drink salt water, after a while you will know how to manage this - again it comes with time.

Regarding times, its whatever works for you. Just remember main thing of IF is that your fasting window is longer than your eating window. 16/8 is most common.

I do 20/4 most days of the week with ease, but I've been doing IF for quite a while and like with anything it becomes easier. Also from a hormonal standpoint the more you fast the lower your Ghrelin becomes (hunger hormone)

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Yeah I've seen a couple of more studies (can't remember if all were on humans) show that restricted feeding with skipping dinner was most beneficial. It apparently reduced IGF-1 and helped with circadian rhythm. Don't remember how if skipping breakfast was beneficial at all with IGF.

Too bad that skipping dinner is just impossible for me :francis:

It's been a minute since I looked into this heavy, but yea its generally best to pair feeding with daytime to stoke a natural circadian rhythm. This pairs the most metabolically stressful part of the "fast" (the end) with sleep, where the body best handles the stress cascade (caused by no carbs, water, light) with little metabolic detriment.

Unolove

All Star
Daps
Idk how yall do this, im always hungry from working out.