So I started IF, and need a little advice.....

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
I'm on day 4 and I'm soooooooooooooo tired. I'm doing the 16:8 method. I dont drink coffee, but I got some today to wake myself up at work, and that still didnt work. I was knocked OUT in the break room after lunch. I dont know if its because I'm not eating extra greens, like I've seen people say on here? I eat veggies with both my meals, but its the normal amount that I'd usually make.

I started this, because I've been stalled on my weight loss for literally 6 months now. I havent gained, but I havent lost either. And I want to drop this last 30.

Would 14:10 give me about the same results?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Take a month off of what? I’ve only been doing IF for a few days. Did you mean a month off of diet and exercise?
Take a month off the diet, but keep exercising

Body can only burn fat so long, eventually you gotta take your foot off the pedal. When I drop weight I usually take a break for 2 weeks every 2 months. Or maybe a week after a month. You need that reset

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Take a month off the diet, but keep exercising

Body can only burn fat so long, eventually you gotta take your foot off the pedal. When I drop weight I usually take a break for 2 weeks every 2 months. Or maybe a week after a month. You need that reset
Ok. I can give that a try. I’ll try the 2 weeks first. I’m scared to go a whole month without my diet :lupe:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have my opinion on the matter but I don’t have time to post the evidence behind it.

All I can say is stop the 16 by 8 like the first person said but don’t junk up a diet. You can still eat healthy and be healthy without fasting. You don’t have to stop forever but when something stops working you gotta change something.

Also, like the other person said. Sleep and recovery is very important. More important than your workout.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
From what I heard 14:10 is recommended for women. Haven't researched why but try 14 instead of 16 and see how you feel.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
I get about 7 hrs sleep on a good night. 6 on a long day. It definitely is a priority of mines in 2019(and now) to try for a full 8 hrs of sleep.

I’ll also add 1 or 2 snacks for some extra calories. I cut out all snacking. I just have my meals and that’s it.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I get about 7 hrs sleep on a good night. 6 on a long day. It definitely is a priority of mines in 2019(and now) to try for a full 8 hrs of sleep.

I’ll also add 1 or 2 snacks for some extra calories. I cut out all snacking. I just have my meals and that’s it.

Sleep is the problem if not one of the problems. You need quality sleep more than quantity. It’s gonna sound odd but cut all the lights out in your house an hour before bed and light candles or sit in the dark. The blue light from these newer lightbulbs mimic sunlight. The blue light too close to bed blunts the release of melatonin which could lead to low quality sleep.

There’s a bunch of information on sleep hacking on the internet. Just pick a few you things you can stick with and see how you feel.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
What do you eat during your window?

Are you eating enough protein? Are you vegan/vegetarian?

Also, are you exercising daily? Do you have an known food allergies - meaning have your been tested for food sensitivities or allergies?

You may wanna try a full 24-48 hrs fast - to kick off your IF again.

I eat one meal a day as well -- and I am usually eat between 4-7pm. You might wanna play around with what time you eat.