Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
@KnickstapeCity look what we have here
0ef90322cbd73d73d046272a59136fff.png

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Damn, how do you suggest I switch it up?

This is a typical beginners plan:

Squats 3 Sets
Bench Press 3 Sets
Deadlift 3 Sets
Pull Ups 3 Sets
Military Press 3 Sets

Sounds hard, but first of all you need to learn the movements/correct technique on those basic exercises and build a foundation of a certain muscle mass & strength.
Those are all exercises that use a lot of different muscles and are just right to get your muscles starting to really develop.
If you have severe issues with the movements/balance etc. you can also begin with push ups instead of benching & hyperextensions instead of deadlifts the first few times.

PS: Before you ask, NO you dont need biceps/triceps exercises for now. The exercises in the full body routine train the arms more than enough. Like pull ups/deadlifts gonna work like a charm for the arms, same with benching/push ups for the triceps

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Indecided to get on the Stronglifts program (which I was originally planning on doing anyway) and today was my first day.

Power Racks were occupied so I couldn't get my squats in first unfortunately. I did the Barbell press which i'm still not comfortable with when it comes to form.

Bench press was interesting though. Apparently I wasn't doing them properly last time because I easily benched about 30 pounds this time and could have definitely went for more. :jbhmm: I looked up a bunch of tutorials on YouTube and I was taking turns wih some of the regulars at the gym today, and they told me my form was pretty good for a beginner. My first time benching my back wasn't arched, foot placement was all fukked up, grip was trash, wrists were bent and I was pushing with my arms and wasn't engaging my chest.

All in all it was a solid day, just trying to get my feet wet and routine in place. :ehh: Wasted a bunch of time standing around when I got there since all the racks were occupied but I eventually got going. Hit 40 on the squats, 30 on the press and 30 on the rows. :leon:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
So Indecided to get on the Stronglifts program (which I was originally planning on doing anyway) and today was my first day.

Power Racks were occupied so I couldn't get my squats in first unfortunately. I did the Barbell press which i'm still not comfortable with when it comes to form.

Bench press was interesting though. Apparently I wasn't doing them properly last time because I easily benched about 30 pounds this time and could have definitely went for more. :jbhmm: I looked up a bunch of tutorials on YouTube and I was taking turns wih some of the regulars at the gym today, and they told me my form was pretty good for a beginner. My first time benching my back wasn't arched, foot placement was all fukked up, grip was trash, wrists were bent and I was pushing with my arms and wasn't engaging my chest.

All in all it was a solid day, just trying to get my feet wet and routine in place. :ehh: Wasted a bunch of time standing around when I got there since all the racks were occupied but I eventually got going. Hit 40 on the squats, 30 on the press and 30 on the rows. :leon:

What time u hit the gym?

The only time you getting racks is in the early A.M.

I go to blink and I go real early...the gym is like 10 minutes away tho...

I dunno how close you are to yours

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I haven't eaten yet but I'm about to have some chili (home made from ground beef and red beans) :whoa: and some white rice.

If you wanna get stronger you gonna have to eat more..

I don't know your financial situation but yeah....

I got a blender and I get a decent portion of calories from there...
I buy burgers In bulk and that adds calories etc..

Just find what you like and make a menu for it and stuff

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much do you weigh? And are you trying to gain muscles or lose weight?