So I Officially Started Heading To The Gym

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Signed up for Harbor Fitness Go in Brooklyn, got a free 1-hour Personal Training session, couldn't afford anymore so I got a good discount for one on Groupon. A two week 6 session package at Phyzique in Queens. I really enjoyed it and my trainer was a real cool guy. Learned a lot from him and I really liked that gym but it's a 1-hour+ train ride from Brooklyn, so I'm back to my regular gym. :snoop:

Anyway he set me up with a workout plan.

Monday
Chest and Back
———————————

Bench Press
Incline Press
Pec Deck
Sitting Row
Iso Rows
Lat Pull Down

Wednesday
Legs
———————————

Leg Extension
Squat
Leg Press
Leg Curl
Sitting Leg Curl

Friday
Shoulder, Biceps, Triceps
———————————

Shoulder press
Front Raises Dumbell
Lateral Raises Dumbell
Bicep Curl Dumbells
Preacher Curls
Barbell Curl
Tricep Extension
Triceps Pull Downs 30 lbs
Dips

Couple notes:

-Everything is 10 reps, 3 sets.
- I do abs everyday.
-Right now I'm not really strong so I'm doing a lot of shyt on the machines.
-For Chest and Back day I'm gonna do the bench press and incline press with dumbbells cause I'm too fukking weak to lift the bar. :snoop: shyt is embarrassing. I slapped two 10s on the bar and nearly killed myself today.:sadcam: Gonna build my strength up for now and try again in a month. :snooP;
- I'm gonna throw in the Deadlift on Chest and Back days. Can I do a regular Deadlift and a Romanian Deadlift in the same day?

Any thoughts? Any thing I should change?

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
For Chest and Back day I'm gonna do the bench press and incline press with dumbbells cause I'm too fukking weak to lift the bar. :snoop: shyt is embarrassing. I slapped two 10s on the bar and nearly killed myself [/QUOTE]
Dope that you're working out but god damn breh :dead:

Last edited:
Daps
Don't let your self consciousness stop you from achieving greatness. Stay consistent, EAT, and the strength will come.

This. Everybody starts somewhere. I felt the same way when I started seriously getting back into a consistent lifting and workout routine.

Fukk feeling embarrassed. Feel good that you're not backing down from the challenge to better yourself in someway.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
That workout plan he gave you is absolutely not fitting breh
youre a total beginner and he gives you that split :dead:

I agree. There's too much combined for each day. Chest and back on the same day doesn't seem right to me but he has to do it for a little to see if it works for him. A plan like that would take me damn near three hours to complete on Friday.

Last edited:

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
I agree. There's too much combined for each day. Chest and back on the same day doesn't seem right to me but he has to do it for a little to see if it works for him. A plan like that would take me damn near three hours to complete on Friday.

Its a damn shame those "trainers" are giving beginners absolute trash workout plans.
If you start working out/are a total beginner you NEED a full body workout routine. First of all you need to build a certain basic strength & muscle mass.
After you done that for a while and learned the execution fo all the exercises you start workin on your different muscles specifically.
If you start out with a plan like the one in op its like you tryna build a house from the middle without the foundation.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Its a damn shame those "trainers" are giving beginners absolute trash workout plans.
If you start working out/are a total beginner you NEED a full body workout routine. First of all you need to build a certain basic strength & muscle mass.
After you done that for a while and learned the execution fo all the exercises you start workin on your different muscles specifically.
If you start out with a plan like the one in op its like you tryna build a house from the middle without the foundation.

Normally trainers have two or three one on one sessions with a client before they give them a plan. I don't see how you can have the proper level of understanding after just one.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn, how do you suggest I switch it up?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Sounds like that trainner is the real deal... he a body builder?