So, i finally beat the red dead redemption goty edition and...

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm wondering why the hell this game got such a large number of amazing reviews/awards? it was good, don't get me wrong, i just don't see anything that it brought to the table that was new, or did exceptionally well? the only thing that seemed different was the hunting and skinning of animals. it reminded me more of a modified gta then anything else, and even then, you spent more time running around the map than actually doing missions. especially those damn blue missions, cause they only lasted for like 30 seconds at the most. when i reinstalled the game, it brought up the save file, and i realized i hadn't played it in exactly a year. i just needed to finish it, so i could move onto another game in the library. i don't know, i guess the story is what made people like it as much as they did?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I always thought GTA was an awful game I loved this game. The graphics and the mechanics alone were A++++ but the immersion was what sold it for me. Felt like you were in the wild west forreal. walking through the desert at night and getting goosebumps when you a coyote howl>>>>>>>>>>getting a text from a gangster wanting to go bowling.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
While the gameplay was top notch, the story drew me in. The classic guy trying to repay his "debts", not to Edgar Ross, but like morally. Its how it is, when your young, you tend to be more impulsive and do stupid stuff. John was a guy trying to do that, in order to finally settle down and just be a father. Although it somewhat became clear near the end of the game when the "Man" wasn't killed when he walked away from Marston; creepy vibe. Then for Edgar Ross to in a sense, betray Marston even after all he did, just because "He was still a murderer that needed to be killed".

I found the end to be poetic. Unleashing the hate on Edgar. Felt so damn good, but in a sense restarts the cycle violence because now Jack has blood on his hands. A scenario which John never wanted for his son, just like in the Godfather, where Vito wanted Michael to break the family business but ended up into it.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
What made me like the game is the world felt incredibly fleshed out. Everywhere square inch of the map felt meticulously crafted and every character was well written.

I always thought GTA was an awful game I loved this game. The graphics and the mechanics alone were A++++ but the immersion was what sold it for me. Felt like you were in the wild west forreal. walking through the desert at night and getting goosebumps when you a coyote howl>>>>>>>>>>getting a text from a gangster wanting to go bowling.

what they said. The game is beautiful and one of the best i ever played. They did my nikka John dirty at the end...fukkin western pigs..

Last edited:

Foxy

Wow
Daps
RDR is a really amazing game I spent many hours on it and even managed to get 100% completion on it :ohlawd:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Think of GTA IV as the water...

Think of RDR as the batch of seasoning :cook:

L.A. Snore was a slip up, but they learned how to squeeze even more out of this generation in terms of graphics and modeling.

Think of Max Payne 3 as the final ingredient you add to the meal in its last 15 minutes of cooking :cook:

GTA V might be the greatest game of all time based on what we have seen in the trailers. It took elements from all 4 of those games (Urban from GTA IV, Hopefully storytelling from RDR, Modeling from L.A. Snore, and of course the gunplay/multiplayer from Max Payne 3)

I am not even a fan of GTA, but Rockstar has been crazy this gen.

When GTA V releases it should be :ohlawd: right out of the oven.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Oh and RDR is one of the best times I have had this gen. When I played it for 2 hours I just bought a copy for one of my friends across the country.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
I thought the game was average as fukk. A lot of the missions were just boring and the story did nothing for me. I always felt it was overrated

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
the world itself was huge for no reason :heh: felt like i was ridin that horse endlessly for like 10 minutes before i got to anything other than dirt or trees....granted, there was nothing during that time but tumbleweeds and farms every 20 miles so its true to the plot...but that shyt always bothered me for some reason

game was great though