So how is Kendrick as a technical rapper (Post examples)?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
People who dismiss his "Control" verse seem to point out that it was nothing amazing from a technical point. And if you he truly the best lyricist, then does this include him being a technical rapper. Or do we great lyricist in 2 Pac sense. Not technical but able to convey emotion through his lyrics. For the Kendrick fans/stans this wasn't created to bash Kendrick. But to show examples of why he is the best since some believe he is. So please post lines, songs that shows that he's up there from a technical standpoint.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Nah, he's more like Nikki Minaj... no lyrics, just changes his voice. If thats lyricism, then he's #2 behind Nikki right now. K dot Minaj

Just when I thought your posts about Nas were stupid..

I hate how fans find any similarity between rappers and then compare them, either to praise them or insult them.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
Just when I thought your posts about Nas were stupid..

I hate how fans find any similarity between rappers and then compare them, either to praise them or insult them.
Just like with naS, show me some great lyrics... until then (which no one has EVER done for naS) he's K dot Minaj

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Just like with naS, show me some great lyrics... until then (which no one has EVER done for naS) he's K dot Minaj

Tell me what you define as great lyrics though.

Because I read your Nas posts, and you literally get lines like 8 words from a song and magnify them and of course when you just focus on it like that it's gonna be weird.

I think you should go to Tumblr if you want cute little lines and quotes.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
Tell me what you define as great lyrics though.

Because I read your Nas posts, and you literally get lines like 8 words from a song and magnify them and of course when you just focus on it like that it's gonna be weird.

I think you should go to Tumblr if you want cute little lines and quotes.
Look mayne, I'm no punchline stacker Big L/Fabo typa guy, but breakin songs down into 8 line segments for the sake of making it manageable is okay. If I break down some jigga shyt on RD or Lupe shyt into 8 line segments you'll get dope shyt in those 8 lines. with naS you'll get weak ass shyt like;

"I ran and blasted a bytch like the phantom, nose
hand me a handgun and I'll defeat foes
then run to houston and i'll pelt ya
get vexed and hijack a delta
whether nikkaz listen or no airplay
I drink e&j in the stairway..." blah blah blah garbage

whether in the context of a larger song or just looking at those bars, theres nothing extraordinary about it... same with K dot Minaj

example of great lyrics...

"dear lord, have mercy on my banana clips
give em half call it that banana split
but my halfs really is like a banana 6
do these bananas have any idea who they on a planet with?
Apes. give you bananas to the grapes
that mean yo bytch gotta banana to her face
and wine on her chin..."

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
that's why it was written is lupe's favorite album of all time right. oh, ok then.
IWW was a dope album... if you'll notice, the hypothetical naS segment I wrote up there is an illmatic era segment. Notice Lupe's favorite naS album is NOT illmatic. IWW was coherent and had some good music in it... But he still had the whole "Nacho cheese, I'm Castro" shyt :bryan:

I'll readily admit that dude gets better as a writer as time goes on, which is the natural progression. Using that as a template it only stands to reason that illmatic would be his worst written effort.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I've never met anyone in real life who considers illmatic to be wack lyricially. If you don't like the tone of the album and prefer IWW ok, but lyrically wack? :heh:

Are you like 20 years old?

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was gonna make a thread but I'll post it in here as it's similar, could anybody post some examples of some GREAT Kendrick lyrics?,I haven't been able to get into him at all but am open minded.