So, folks who have been through slow gentrification, are these the early signs?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
ah man back in the day my block had dope fiends 24/7 falling asleep in the stairwells, park across the street, in the middle of the street. there used to be at least 1 murder a month in my little block alone. they found a beheaded man on my rooftop, i saw a guy get stabbed over 20 times outside my window. so much wild shyt.

now i got white neighbors and a bistro about 2 blocks away from me :lolbron:

i dont get mad at that tho. part of life, everything runs in cycles. in another 50 years itll probably be a shytty block again, maybe alot sooner.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Like i been saying

Alot of Suburbs around the country are starting to allow section 8, which mean poor people will start flocking to them areas and BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nikkas are out the city and alot of cities can attract tourism and richer people who live in the burb but work in the city can have the best of both worlds live in the city and work can be only a walk around the block

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Poor people always find their way back, though.
Once a local economy collapses, BOOM, rents/property values drops again, and we're back to where we started at...

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Im from Philly, 52nd street to be specific.

First signs are new development...

A new shopping center was built in the area.
Collegiate expansion.
A bike trail on cobbs creek.

Signs that its underway; obviously different races miving in, specifically whites. When you got cats roller blading past drug transactions, you know times are a changing.

Quite honestly, im for it...the city isnt as bad as its portrayed...and as long as all black folks dont get pushed out, im glad to see it happen. I dont think my neighborhood will see a complete transition.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Like i been saying

Alot of Suburbs around the country are starting to allow section 8, which mean poor people will start flocking to them areas and BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nikkas are out the city and alot of cities can attract tourism and richer people who live in the burb but work in the city can have the best of both worlds live in the city and work can be only a walk around the block

white flight back to the city :leon: