so fl studio is just for trap beats?

teacher

All Star
Daps
pretty nice but i'd rather use a VST host and not be limited to my VST's and rewire reason thru it :yeshrug:

Daps
What VST's are these dudes using? or are they using Samples from there personal stash? I see it looks like they know what they are doing mix wise which definitely helps as well....

THey are all using "old-school" VSTi's.

The Inception recreation is made using Symphobia 1. I very nice Hollywood-ochestral library for Kontakt.

The lion king Theme was made with VSL (vienna symphonic library) Epic Horns, which is french horn ensemble library. It was also made with some other outdated EWQL (east west Quantum leap) libraries.

Daps
Brehs, i dont know how many times i started and stopped a project on FL Studios. That bytch is so complex. I made one decent track and it was shyt once i looked up everyone elses on Youtube.

How I make a good beat? I lived on Youtube Tutorials & www.warbeats.com for like 5 months and still made shytty beats. I didnt know where to look for sounds. I think I downloaded a giant file some kid uploaded on youtube of random packs and sfxs. That helped alot but still didnt sound professional.

Im not trying to make guap off it, I just want to get my "Lex Luger/Drumma Boy" on occasionally and bump my own shyt in the car heading to work with all the cacs :ld:

help :to:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
can you use VST in reason 6? I know you can't in reason 5...that should be a deal breaker for anyone trying to use reason for their MAIN app...IMHO

I was taught beat making on reason so i'm used to re wiring it into Logic but I could see why a new cat would find that a pain in the ass to have to do.

I've never used fruity personally but I've heard some wild shyt made on it, it's hardly just for trap

-P-

teacher

All Star
Daps
My same feeling.

You working on any new Duckdown tracks?

supposedly made the sean price Mic Tyson but who knows when that shyt drops but my partner is collabing with Wordsworth gonna be a dope LP...hopefully it'll make some noise.... I need some MMG, YMCMB money :ahh:

teacher

All Star
Daps
THey are all using "old-school" VSTi's.

The Inception recreation is made using Symphobia 1. I very nice Hollywood-ochestral library for Kontakt.

The lion king Theme was made with VSL (vienna symphonic library) Epic Horns, which is french horn ensemble library. It was also made with some other outdated EWQL (east west Quantum leap) libraries.

looks to acquire :scheme:

Daps
looks to acquire :scheme:

Honestly, I would get into the newer generation stuff. There's a lot more features, more realism and it's cheaper.

This is how the newer generation libraries sound.

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/blaketothefuture/gears-of-war-3-reorchestration]Gears of War 2/3 - Main theme Reorchestration by blakerobinson on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InGJIGe4SvM&feature=plcp[/ame]

teacher

All Star
Daps
Brehs, i dont know how many times i started and stopped a project on FL Studios. That bytch is so complex. I made one decent track and it was shyt once i looked up everyone elses on Youtube.

How I make a good beat? I lived on Youtube Tutorials & Warbeats > Home for like 5 months and still made shytty beats. I didnt know where to look for sounds. I think I downloaded a giant file some kid uploaded on youtube of random packs and sfxs. That helped alot but still didnt sound professional.

Im not trying to make guap off it, I just want to get my "Lex Luger/Drumma Boy" on occasionally and bump my own shyt in the car heading to work with all the cacs :ld:

help :to:

look for smokers relight drums

and look for

Spectrasonic Omnisphere & Trillian
RefX Nexus
Camel Alchemy
Miroslav Philharmonik
NI Kontakt(to use the drums samples if you can find more Native Instrument(NI) VSTi's Dl them)
Reason

IME These programs have quality sound and need little mixing to sound good...IMO

Daps
Reppin
NULL
so whats the best program out there?

fl ? reason?

I think FL Studio is the best program out there, especially if you are trying to duplicate the low sonic quality of some hip hop beats of the mid-90s...

I find that Reason makes everything sound good and clean...I don't like it too much...

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
My Logic cert. class forces me to make a track using apple loops only so I made some Lion King soundtrack type ish lol.

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/kushskywalker/planet-earth]Planet Earth by KushSkywalker on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame] :to: