So Dudes really trying to Downplay and Discredit the In fluence Dipset has on Rap?

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not downplaying their influence at all, I think they were corny, That's two different things.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
diplomats were clowns

jim jones is the only quality musician

and hell rell can spit

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ironically the only thing the dips influenced was skinny jeans and smedium shirts and this was long after the dips was still the dips

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
hell yeah dipsets the dopest

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Apparently you nukkas don't understand what "influence" means :manny:

I'm a Dipset fan, always was and always will be. But they didn't have any mass influence or leave any lasting legacies. The only thing any of them ever contributed that went national was "Balliiiiiiiiiiiin" and the NY Giants Super Bowl rendition of that was more responsible than the Dips.

Cam is the best and most popular one, and he was and will never be mor than a 2nd tier rapper.

Let's also look at the trends they blatantly started to try that went no where:

Nukkas rocking pink all the time :rudy:

The scarfy movement :comeon:

Calling people slime :snoop:

I'm sure there are plenty more, but those 3 pop to mind. The Dips were a marginally successful crew by hip hop standards that never parlayed that into anything else. Juelz became a crack head, Jim Jones getting clowned by his hoe on bootleg VH1 shows, someone put an APB out on Camron, and Freaky Zeaky is the Dipset equivalent to that nukka from the st lunatics that wore the phantom of the opera mask and danced in the background. And none of their affiliates ever made it past mix tape rapper relevance.

The Dips have no withstanding influences to this day offline. There's nothing wrong with that, majority of people/groups don't. But if you want to keep it 100, even most Internet Stan's started repping for them ironically and not cause they were nice anyway.

#IReallyMeanIt :umad:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
And in comparison, here's how influence really works:

Jay-z shut down the entire Jersey wearing game for nukkas with one line :huhldup:

Lil Wayne got nukkas skateboarding in New Orleans and rocking zubas :birdman:

Souljah boy got 80% of rappers coming out with dances to go with their songs :sadcam:

50 Cent got all drunk white bytches singing "cause we don't give a fukk cause it's your birthday" at bars nationwide to this day :shaq:

Eminem got crackas thinking its okay to rap :krs:

Drake got jello pudding ass nukkas telling hoes they can do better :pachaha:

Hell even ghost face back in the day shut down Lugz with one line :obama:

Influence nukkas, influence....

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And in comparison, here's how influence really works:

Jay-z shut down the entire Jersey wearing game for nukkas with one line :huhldup:

Lil Wayne got nukkas skateboarding in New Orleans and rocking zubas :birdman:

Souljah boy got 80% of rappers coming out with dances to go with their songs :sadcam:

50 Cent got all drunk white bytches singing "cause we don't give a fukk cause it's your birthday" at bars nationwide to this day :shaq:

Eminem got crackas thinking its okay to rap :krs:

Drake got jello pudding ass nukkas telling hoes they can do better :pachaha:

Hell even ghost face back in the day shut down Lugz with one line :obama:

Influence nukkas, influence....

to play devils advocate dips got people sayin no homo and arguably U Mad plus the stop snitching thing

trollface.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

YBE

Banned
Daps
Apparently you nukkas don't understand what "influence" means :manny:

I'm a Dipset fan, always was and always will be. But they didn't have any mass influence or leave any lasting legacies. The only thing any of them ever contributed that went national was "Balliiiiiiiiiiiin" and the NY Giants Super Bowl rendition of that was more responsible than the Dips.

Cam is the best and most popular one, and he was and will never be mor than a 2nd tier rapper.

Let's also look at the trends they blatantly started to try that went no where:

Nukkas rocking pink all the time :rudy:

The scarfy movement :comeon:

Calling people slime :snoop:

I'm sure there are plenty more, but those 3 pop to mind. The Dips were a marginally successful crew by hip hop standards that never parlayed that into anything else. Juelz became a crack head, Jim Jones getting clowned by his hoe on bootleg VH1 shows, someone put an APB out on Camron, and Freaky Zeaky is the Dipset equivalent to that nukka from the st lunatics that wore the phantom of the opera mask and danced in the background. And none of their affiliates ever made it past mix tape rapper relevance.

The Dips have no withstanding influences to this day offline. There's nothing wrong with that, majority of people/groups don't. But if you want to keep it 100, even most Internet Stan's started repping for them ironically and not cause they were nice anyway.

#IReallyMeanIt :umad:

"U Mad?"
"Doggie"
"No Homo"
"Piff"
"Duck tales"
"Goonies"
"Crack"
"Pause"
"Kufi"
"What's really good"

All phrases started, re-birthed or popularized by Dipset :jawalrus: Dipset should make a dictionary :ahh: