So Dragon's Crown and Tales of Xilia is dropping next week...

DMR

Killa
Daps
So far Xillia feels more like Graces F than Abbyss or Vesperia, but Im still early into game, love lilium orb system, still getting around battle system tho.

Anyway go cop this immediately, its another Tales game :lawd:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'll have to cop one of these two down the line or maybe both.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
In the last 1/4 of Xillia. Outside Xenoblade this might be my favorite JRPG this gen. The plot gets wild late in the game far better than a typical tales of plot.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Jude. When I finish I'm jumping into Milla's side. I read Jude is best to get a better grip on the story and some stuff is explained in his side that's implied in hers.

Cool....I haven't got it yet but I'll keep that in mind when I do. thx

DMR

Killa
Daps
Graces plot was awful kiddie shyt :scusthov:
Im only few hours in and I already see that its better but it aint touching Vesperia or Abbyss yet

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:wow:

I'm only 12 hours in and I like this shyt WAY better than Graces.
thing is i heard the sequel is even better and its gonna be a long wait till 2014 to get it here. there's a couple major plot twist i didn't see coming in the latter part of this game that in hindsight were foreshadowed pretty well. this game probably has the best plot and best cast of any Tales game though. even the little kid character is decent and Alvin that's a wild complex dude you rarely see a character in a JRPG go through what he did. the weakest character is Leia the childhood friend but even she's tolerable. loving the combat system the fact that you can have two dedicated healers in your party at the same time and the boss fights are pretty insane. some of them have two and three boss level characters you fight at the same time running around doing mystic arts at will on you.
Graces plot was awful kiddie shyt :scusthov:
Im only few hours in and I already see that its better but it aint touching Vesperia or Abbyss yet
Xillia is way better than Vesperia IMO and i loved Vesperia but the pacing in that game was off. it was too long and as you got later and later into the game it didn't ramp up everything to match. by the time i got to the last dungeon i was feeling like ok let's get this over like in Bad Boys 2 when they took Marcus' sister and they had to go overseas to get her back. in Xillia the game gets better as it goes along and reaches its best as it comes to a close.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
thing is i heard the sequel is even better and its gonna be a long wait till 2014 to get it here. there's a couple major plot twist i didn't see coming in the latter part of this game that in hindsight were foreshadowed pretty well. this game probably has the best plot and best cast of any Tales game though. even the little kid character is decent and Alvin that's a wild complex dude you rarely see a character in a JRPG go through what he did. the weakest character is Leia the childhood friend but even she's tolerable. loving the combat system the fact that you can have two dedicated healers in your party at the same time and the boss fights are pretty insane. some of them have two and three boss level characters you fight at the same time running around doing mystic arts at will on you.

I always have trouble with tales boss fights...I tried to play the game on moderate to try to get better at the combat but the bosses just completely overwhelm me with status effects and dizzies. I had to put it down to normal just to progress.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I always have trouble with tales boss fights...I tried to play the game on moderate to try to get better at the combat but the bosses just completely overwhelm me with status effects and dizzies. I had to put it down to normal just to progress.
that's because Tales bosses are cheap as hell. they spam ultimate attacks and attacks that constantly make you dizzy or one hit kill you. that's why the two healers come in handy in this game. my party is usually Jude (Milla or Alvin) Elize and Leia. the two healers are set to heal only and i link with the other fighter and handle things from there.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
that's because Tales bosses are cheap as hell. they spam ultimate attacks and attacks that constantly make you dizzy or one hit kill you. that's why the two healers come in handy in this game. my party is usually Jude (Milla or Alvin) Elize and Leia. the two healers are set to heal only and i link with the other fighter and handle things from there.

I hardly hear tales fans complain about the blatantly cheap bosses.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Spent the over 40 minutes fighting the final boss of Xillia cause I was doing it wrong. Somehow it kept healing itself ignoring my combos teleporting around and being outright cheap. Mystic arts used on us at will basically at least once per minute or two. Ending was acceptable. Hoping we get Xillia 2 before summer 14.