So cats think GZA is a dope MC what do you think about ODB debut album?

Daps
Reppin
http://youtu.be/pXzHOOuCYZc
morgan.gif

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
it's common knowledge that rza and gza wrote a lot of the rhymes on return. odb's style is what made them dope though. i know gza wrote damage, rza and odb used to perform the "easy on my balls they're fragile as eggs" at talent shows with rza rapping and odb finishing the line and beatboxing. odb is still a great. he'd even re-use the rhymes he wrote on different tracks on that album.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
the whole clan would help each other with rhymes and sh!t during recording sessions back when all the members were active and actually had good relationships with each other.

but i wouldn't doubt it at all if odb borrowed lines from gza, with or without his approval. his style was so unorthodox that there's just no way anyone could ever even ghostwrite for that dude. we'll never have another odb.

underneath all that alcohol, crack, black tar heroin and who knows what else.. there was definitely a dope mc.

:wtf: link? when did this happen? i knew nikka did crack but damn.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
To me it might be Rzas best work he had to make an album deranged enough to suit ODB which had to be tough but he did it. It might be his most gritty production he every did.

:ooh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DMR

Killa
Daps
one of my all time fav album, crazy flow and energy!

nikka please was good too but still a step down from this masterpiece

Family Man

Banned
Daps
It's amazing the type of art someone that is under the influence and mentally ill can make. shyt was genius. A sober and sane person couldn't have made such a classic.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
unexpected classic.
I'll NEVER forget I was fukkin my girl in her dorm room to this cd and when the bonus tracks started I immediately stopped mid thrust... sat up and said "wtf is this?". continued to listen in awe as my girl lay frustrated in her moisture. I had the cassette so I never knew......

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
Regardless if it's old Wu verse Dirty put his own spin on it. As a matter of fact, he recited a verse that GZA spit earlier on the album on a song later on the album. Always scratched my head on that one.

:russ:

ODB was a fool! Return is the most hilarious hip hop album I've ever heard, love that album.