So cats think GZA is a dope MC what do you think about ODB debut album?

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Method Man said:
Speaking specifically on his feature “Raw Hide,” Meth explained why RZA and GZA had to take on rhyme duties for the 1995 LP. “The majority of the verses on that album are old RZA rhymes and GZA rhymes,” he said. “’Approach the school, 9:30, you’re late,’ that’s RZA’s shyt. I heard that shyt when I was 14 years old. That whole, ‘Easy on my balls, they’re fragile as eggs,’ nikkas said that in a rap battle in fukking 1989.

“Dirty took all their shyt and made it his own and GZA ain’t say shyt,” he continued. “Most of [Dirty’s verses] was GZA’s shyt. I remember GZA and ODB got in an argument one night and GZA was like, ‘nikka most of that shyt you say on your fukking album is mines anyway!”

He did state that ODB wrote some of the songs, including “Brooklyn Zoo,” and stated that he himself wrote the first verse on Ghostface Killah’s “Cherchez La Ghost.”

So why do I hear peoPle saying Dirty was wack?

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Ol
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...n-ol-dirty-b*stards-return-to-the-36-chambers

It's not linking ??

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Regardless if it's old Wu verse Dirty put his own spin on it. As a matter of fact, he recited a verse that GZA spit earlier on the album on a song later on the album. Always scratched my head on that one.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
If you really listen to that album and study that album one of the first questions you'd ask yourself is how the fukk did ODB write for that album. His style was just too crazy man.

What Method Man said makes complete sense. I don't think RZA and GZA sat down with the intent of ghostwriting for ODB. I think ODB just used some of their material and put his own style on it.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
If you really listen to that album and study that album one of the first questions you'd ask yourself is how the fukk did ODB write for that album. His style was just too crazy man.

What Method Man said makes complete sense. I don't think RZA and GZA sat down with the intent of ghostwriting for ODB. I think ODB just used some of their material and put his own style on it.
Thats what I get from Meth's words. He does say that Dirty wrote some songs on the album

Family Man

Banned
Daps
This is the most underrated song from his first album.

Last edited by a moderator:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
cutting headz off>>>>>>>

house of a gawd, house of a gawd, house of a gawd, house of a gawd,

Darth

sith swag.
Daps
the whole clan would help each other with rhymes and sh!t during recording sessions back when all the members were active and actually had good relationships with each other.

but i wouldn't doubt it at all if odb borrowed lines from gza, with or without his approval. his style was so unorthodox that there's just no way anyone could ever even ghostwrite for that dude. we'll never have another odb.

underneath all that alcohol, crack, black tar heroin and who knows what else.. there was definitely a dope mc.