So Bret was in the wrong the entire time?

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
idk if Bret thought "watch the kick" meant a savate or not. As funny as Bret's continued anger is to me i never felt Goldberg being completely in the wrong for this but he definitely worked faster than his skill suggested and SOMEONE back there should have told him to slow the fukk down.
All I know is Goldberg wasn’t finna bust out a Trouble in Paradise

drifter

Superstar
Daps
y’all still talk about this topic more than The Booth still talks about JayZ vs Nas :mjlol:
Exactly what I was thinking lmao

I've been shytting on Bret in the other thread about this but he says they didn't walk through the match, I believe that. Somebody that watched WCW then, was that a signature besides the spear & jackknife Goldberg did every match, if not, idk how he's supposed to "watch the kick". He hasn't done it in any WWE match and he's done everything else

At the same time like people have said, he needed to move on decades ago, it isn't a New Jack/Vic Grimes situation & Goldberg's making fun of him. He's written books saying he's moved on so why he keeps popping up with it is puzzling

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bret was already working with a concussion before the kick happen iirc

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
And he still had the knowledge to get his hand in the right spot for the kick and Goldberg still kicked him in the head

The firgure-4 spot in the corner ring post, Goldberg was supposed to hold Bret's foot and didn't, Bret fell back and hit the back of his head.

As much as I like Goldberg and enjoyed his run back in the day, he was just green and clueless when it came to anything outside of the match he knew, spear + jackhammer + 1-2-3. Anything else and Goldberg was sloppy.

:manny:
Yeah just a series of unfortunate events.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It’s fukk Goldberg all day, but Bret went on to have several matches after that, including a HARDCORE MATCH with TERRY FUNK :dead:

All these years I thought that match (Goldberg) was Bret’s final. It’s easier to blame Greenberg than admit you should’ve taken time off or that a hero like Funk could’ve sealed your fate.

And honestly Berg did apologize profusely for 2 decades. I get why he’s over saying sorry. And I’m a Bret fan.

EDIT: Reddit link with more insight

The video evidence clearly shows Goldberg kicking Bret right in the skull..... There's nothing more to be said about it lol

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bret continued to wrestle because he had a lucrative contract, and there was zero concussion protocol back then.
That sh*t probably hit him months later, but at this point its going back too far and picking apart the entire saga.

:manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Bret has told this story before also. He never claimed that Goldberg match was his last... he said in his own words that after the kick he was suffering all types of issues and he had seen some of their doctors, etc... but continued to work for a bit until he couldn't...

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Berg did kick the shyt out of him but the figure four spot prob did much more damage. The back of your head is much more prone to injury if hit than the front and he SMACKED his shyt

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I still will never believe Jericho could win a fight against Goldberg.

He gotta be the weakest 5'8 Canadian I've ever scene. Mike Myers could fụck him up.
Story was blown out of proportion. He had Goldberg in a hold for like 3 seconds and it got broken up before he could get going. Goldberg would have killed dude.

bear27

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I always thought it was the ringpost figure four outside spot where he hurt himself really

But its Bret so it always has to be everyone else's fault so point to the kick