So Bret was in the wrong the entire time?

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I just saw a clip on Who Killed WCW and Bret is trying to insinuate he didn’t know what “watch the kick” meant? :wtf:

Even in my brief time training you know what shyt like that means and to protect yourself.

GOATberg is right

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
It’s fukk Goldberg all day, but Bret went on to have several matches after that, including a HARDCORE MATCH with TERRY FUNK :dead:

All these years I thought that match (Goldberg) was Bret’s final. It’s easier to blame Greenberg than admit you should’ve taken time off or that a hero like Funk could’ve sealed your fate.

And honestly Berg did apologize profusely for 2 decades. I get why he’s over saying sorry. And I’m a Bret fan.

EDIT: Reddit link with more insight

Last edited:

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
I just saw a clip on Who Killed WCW and Bret is trying to insinuate he didn’t know what “watch the kick” meant? :wtf:

Even in my brief time training you know what shyt like that means and to protect yourself.

GOATberg is right
idk if Bret thought "watch the kick" meant a savate or not. As funny as Bret's continued anger is to me i never felt Goldberg being completely in the wrong for this but he definitely worked faster than his skill suggested and SOMEONE back there should have told him to slow the fukk down.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Um no it wasn't Bret's fault at all, he got his hand up but Goldberg is a shytty worker and kicked through his blocking hand and blasted him in the head anyway

Doesn't mean I agree with Bret not letting this shyt go already. It's ridiculous. It sucks and Bret lost out on an insane amount of money cause Goldberg sucks at wrestling but there's been worse incidents in wrestling that people have gotten over.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
idk if Bret thought "watch the kick" meant a savate or not. As funny as Bret's continued anger is to me i never felt Goldberg being completely in the wrong for this but he definitely worked faster than his skill suggested and SOMEONE back there should have told him to slow the fukk down.
Me and my girl were talking about this yesterday, Goldberg was new and he didn't know who he could trust..his physicality and his intense persona helped him to get over.

On top of that dude probably felt like he was getting played after the starrcade 98 loss. WCW was truly Shark infested waters and there was no one who could handle the backstage issues because the people that were in charge were too busy fighting the suits and/or trying to win a ratings war.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Me and my girl were talking about this yesterday, Goldberg was new and he didn't know who he could trust..his physicality and his intense persona helped him to get over.

On top of that dude probably felt like he was getting played after the starrcade 98 loss. WCW was truly Shark infested waters and there was no one who could handle the backstage issues because the people that were in charge were too busy fighting the suits and/or trying to win a ratings war.

This is revision history. Goldberg was protected in his loss against Nash and if anyone was alive to see it they can tell you Nash was over as you can possibly be without crossing over into Austin rock hogan territory.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
This is revision history. Goldberg was protected in his loss against Nash and if anyone was alive to see it they can tell you Nash was over as you can possibly be without crossing over into Austin rock hogan territory.
My post doesn't have nothing to do with how over Kevin Nash was though....My post was explaining how Goldberg could feel some type of way at that time

Yes Nash was over...hell I was Wolfpack stan at the time but that doesn't change the fact that dude might not trusted advice he was given.... :manny:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I think what made him great in WCW as opposed to WWE is that he did not slow down.

His explosiveness is what made him great but slowing down especially against more technical wrestlers exploited his weakness. He was never an in ring psychologist.

This is why the Brock vs Goldberg match never worked.

Every wrestler has to stick to there strengths. WCW knew that.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I know Stevie Richards went over this on his YT channel and he thinks Bret was concussed earlier in the match before the kick even happened.
The firgure-4 spot in the corner ring post, Goldberg was supposed to hold Bret's foot and didn't, Bret fell back and hit the back of his head.

As much as I like Goldberg and enjoyed his run back in the day, he was just green and clueless when it came to anything outside of the match he knew, spear + jackhammer + 1-2-3. Anything else and Goldberg was sloppy.

:manny:

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
I'm glad to see Bret using his platform to make WWE's work environment safer by calling out serial botchers like Goldberg and Seth Rollins.

He made it through his whole career without seriously injuring an opponent, and he'll publicly slander whoever he wants

Keep your foot on their necks, HitGOAT :salute:

Last edited: