So battletoads is much better than I expected

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I've been in the battletoads loop this entire gen. I got clowned for saying it would become a thing.

Then it did and everyone was happy until they first revealed it. The gameplay looked incredibly slow, and battletoads was a fast paced beat em up. When I peeped that I lost interest. Around this time they was showing off bleeding edge which seemed to suffer from the same problem (combat too slow) that game came and went and let me tell you. It wasn't a terrible game but it was too slow for my taste.

Battletoads disappears then out of nowhere it's launching next month. I seriously had my doubts, but held out hope :to: I played thru the first act yesterday and thought it was decent. But I needed to see more. I waited till today to play act two. There's a long 2 cutscenes between acts and that's where the teen titans talk comes from, and it was a pleasant surprise. Act two I'm mastering the controls, and the gameplay starts to bring back that old feeling. By the end of act 2 I'm really feeling this game.

Battletoads ladies and gentlemen is a certified hit. Not good, but a great beat em up. I haven't beaten either yet but as of right now battletoads is better than streets of rage 4 imo. I wouldn't base my decision on reviewers either because of this reason. This is an old skool remake, and today's gamers are not built like old skool gamers. In battletoads case, even old skool gamers struggled with this game. I enjoyed the bike levels from the original and I like them in this remake. Like bloodborne, this game will not be appreciated by everyone.

If you're looking for a modern take on an old skool classic, this game over delivers. Things like online play im not missing. Neither does cuphead but that's still an excellent title. If you're into beat em ups then this game is a must have.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is it me or did this game fly way under the radar?I had no idea about this game till people were already playing on twitch.

I guess thats with alot of games during Covid,though.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Is it me or did this game fly way under the radar?I had no idea about this game till people were already playing on twitch.

I guess thats with alot of games during Covid,though.
The hype was muted because combat looked slow and the graphics appeared to be somewhat low budget? Some compared it to a cellphone. I see what they was saying but it isn't that at all. It's a beautiful game in person and combat is deep and fun. You have a dash button so to avoid getting hit you start a combo, dodge and continue combos like you would in a devil may cry. Again, the controls are superb. If there was no background, just characters? Still be a fun game to play, that's how good it plays.
Not the battletoads reboot i wanted
What's your gamertag my good man?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The hype was muted because combat looked slow and the graphics appeared to be somewhat low budget? Some compared it to a cellphone. I see what they was saying but it isn't that at all. It's a beautiful game in person and combat is deep and fun. You have a dash button so to avoid getting hit you start a combo, dodge and continue combos like you would in a devil may cry. Again, the controls are superb. If there was no background, just characters? Still be a fun game to play, that's how good it plays.

What's your gamertag my good man?

Ps4 and switch only this gen, maybe next gen i will be Xbox/ps4 again

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Ps4 and switch only this gen, maybe next gen i will be Xbox/ps4 again
Then why say this...
Not the battletoads reboot i wanted
I'm going to say this once, but clearly so you don't get it twisted. In today's age besides just reviews ppl add a bunch of commentary. What you wrote impacts all of us. If I didn't play this game I'd honestly agree with your statement.

And that's so fukked up because in reality this is an excellent remake. Gamepass has the original, you can go down memory lane. You'll be quite surprised how the new game has outdone the original. Not only that but it's extremely polished.

Quick side note, new super luckys tale released yesterday. I just tried it and omfg :ohhh:
They basically had the team go study super Mario. Then they remade super luckys tale so that it controls and plays like a polished Nintendo title. Changed the entire game so it's a new game in the same universe. Not a sequel but a reimagining. Plays like a sequel tho. Plays so good that I know this isn't a good look. Im making battletoads look bad by saying this but the truth is the truth. Im sure ign and the like will say the same about lucky.

It's all gamepass so check then out coli, you can't go wrong...

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I played it on steam, my guy
Well steam isn't gamepass which means you bought it. And if you paid for it you'd spend enough time to realize this is worthy.

If you had gamepass you could take it for a spin and possibly quit before you see what's really good. Does that make sense to you?

That's how I know you're lying sir :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well steam isn't gamepass which means you bought it. And if you paid for it you'd spend enough time to realize this is worthy.

If you had gamepass you could take it for a spin and possibly quit before you see what's really good. Does that make sense to you?

That's how I know you're lying sir :francis:

But in order to pay for gamepass I’d have to own an xbox which doesn’t make sense to me at all. I don’t mind taking an L on this 20.

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
I'm sad its not on PS4 or Swich. This game was a big part of my childhood and I really wanted to check it out

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not true.

All you need is an MS account. 99,9% you have one, could have played the game for $1.

but aye burn that imaginary 20.

Gamepass is on PC too

My pc can’t handle a majority of those games enough to warrant gamepass. Aside from the occasional indie game or 2d game i don’t play games on pc, last game i played on steam was ori and it ran like dogshyt.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, if breh out here fronting, please proceed to cook.

But is it a crime if breh played it, and it just wasn't what he was looking for? Happens to more prominent games all the time. :yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
My pc can’t handle a majority of those games enough to warrant gamepass. Aside from the occasional indie game or 2d game i don’t play games on pc, last game i played on steam was ori and it ran like dogshyt.
Whatever game u bought from steam that works on your computer will also work through gamepass.

:mjtf: