Smile Trailer (2022) Horror Movie

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

After witnessing a bizarre, traumatic incident involving a patient, Dr. Rose Carter starts experiencing frightening occurrences that she can’t explain. As an overwhelming terror begins taking over her life, Rose must confront her troubling past in order to survive and escape her horrifying new reality.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Just got back from watching it. I actually lowkey enjoyed it :obama: and was a tad bit :lupe:

It was a mixture of “The Ring,” “It Follows,” “The Grudge,” and a little bit of “Nightmare On Elm Street.”

Was surprisingly entertained and wouldn’t be surprised if we get a sequel down the line given the ending.

Out of 5 I would give it a solid 3.5 to a light 4.

Mainstream horror movies be using the fukk out of the jump scares and you know when it’s coming. This movie actually uses it right and even when you see it coming you still go :damn:!!

Also
The black folks in this movie survive cause they knew to get the fukk AWAY from that white bytch. A-Train (from The Boys) and that nikka in prison knew to get FAR away from her. :blessed:

Good film :obama:

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was a gem through and through. Love what I’m seeing in these directorial debuts between this and Barbarian. The lead-up to the opening credits had the majority of my theater shook. Masterclass usage with its jumpscares, in large part due to its timing and also the sound design which was so good. By the time I put two and two together on what would come next, it was too late. I jumped….a lot.

Really great acting from Sosie in this, she clearly took after her parents well. Can’t recall the number of times I made the stank face in response to her breakdowns, but that’s how I knew her portrayal did a convincing job.

Creature design actually delivered and will be stuck in my head. The way Rose reacted to the monster stretching its mouth out reminded me of Pennywise and Bev’s encounter in IT: Chapter 1. I legit thought she would explode in response to the incomprehensible, ala a Lovecraft work.

Call me fukked up, but I loved the bleak ending. No sugar-coating at all. There’s such an overwhelming sense of dread throughout the film to where I knew which road it would likely lead down, but I’m surprised (and happy) they double down’d on that closer.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This was a gem through and through. Love what I’m seeing in these directorial debuts between this and Barbarian. The lead-up to the opening credits had the majority of my theater shook. Masterclass usage with its jumpscares, in large part due to its timing and also the sound design which was so good. By the time I put two and two together on what would come next, it was too late. I jumped….a lot.

Really great acting from Sosie in this, she clearly took after her parents well. Can’t recall the number of times I made the stank face in response to her breakdowns, but that’s how I knew her portrayal did a convincing job.

Creature design actually delivered and will be stuck in my head. The way Rose reacted to the monster stretching its mouth out reminded me of Pennywise and Bev’s encounter in IT: Chapter 1. I legit thought she would explode in response to the incomprehensible, ala a Lovecraft work.

Call me fukked up, but I loved the bleak ending. No sugar-coating at all. There’s such an overwhelming sense of dread throughout the film to where I knew which road it would likely lead down, but I’m surprised (and happy) they double down’d on that closer.
Agreed with how they handed the ending. Honestly the fake out felt like an alternate ending and probably WAS going to be the ending he was gonna go with while he was writing the script. It was probably gonna leave it up to the audience to decide if she escaped the curse or not and have her ex bf slowly start smiling at her on some “Thriller” shyt like :youngsabo:

Then he was probably like “Nah :scusthov: “ and went full :demonic: and wanted to drive the point home.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was dope!! Enjoyed it all the way but my kids were kinda mad because they said most of the big scenes were shown in the 2nd trailer which i didnt watch.

after watching i realized why i liked it. Its basically Fallen with Denzel with more gore and jump scares. Down to the ending of her going to battle it alone but she wasnt planning on killing herself to end it like :myman: