smh so jayz rockin skinny jeans at 45+ yrs old?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, they didn't. Those were the "real nikkas," breh. Nobody called the Furious Five fags or anything else. Everyone looked up to them, the same way they did James Brown, George Clinton, and all the people who were dressing like that before them.

Read the caption on the first pic. Even they regretted wearin that crap. Yes SOME people dressed like that, but SOME people called them fags.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People were wearing skin-tight, leather pants, speedos, and other ridiculous shyt back then. This was considered cool in the 80s. We might not like it, but I can't say it wasn't part of real hip-hop. Just be glad some of this other shyt didn't come back:

grandmaster-flash-furious_five_fashion_small.jpg

JonzunCrew2.jpg

Afrika%252BBambaataa%252Band%252BThe%252BSoulsonic%252BForce.gif

that nikka got on a speedo and cowboy boots. :wtf: :damn: :laff:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Better question - What's a grown man doing visiting Mediafakeout? :sadcam:

Gossiping ass bytchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhes. Bet you have an account to comment with too. :sitdown:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Read the caption on the first pic. Even they regretted wearin that crap. Yes SOME people dressed like that, but SOME people called them fags.

Yeah, some as in some of the most famous and important hip-hop groups of all time dressed like that, so again, the point is that it was part of the culture in the earliest days.

As for firing the stylist, I'm not endorsing any of those ridiculous outfits. All I'm saying is that they were part of real hip-hop, even if you and I don't like them.

If people want to look like them now, I'm going to clown them, but not for being fake, just for looking ridiculous.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, some as in some of the most famous and important hip-hop groups of all time dressed like that, so again, the point is that it was part of the culture in the earliest days.

As for firing the stylist, I'm not endorsing any of those ridiculous outfits. All I'm saying is that they were part of real hip-hop, even if you and I don't like them.

Difference is, back in the day those where "costumes" the groups wore them because they were supposed to be different. It was for entertainment purposess. Though they had alot of fans, the average person wasn't walking down the streets in boots and speedos. Now people wanna play dress up and try to look like the clowns on tv.

Take for instance Prince has/had plenty of fans that loved his music but clowned all that gay shyt he was wearin.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
No, they didn't. Those were the "real nikkas," breh. Nobody called the Furious Five fags or anything else. Everyone looked up to them, the same way they did James Brown, George Clinton, and all the people who were dressing like that before them.

"To all you jheri curled suckers wearing high heeled boots
Like ballerinas, what I mean is youre a fruit loop troop" -- LL Cool J

:damn:

LL Cool J-Rock the Bells - YouTube