SMH @ Slaughterhouse chasing a club banger

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
no matter what these rappers say they all wanna be stars nobody wants to be a underground rapper

True. But I like this Phonte line.

They are not believers that I don't want the world
but I done seen the world,
and if you ever saw it, hell you wouldn't want it either
I don't need a kingdom, just want a home
You can take a seat, or you can take a throne
As long as it is known, ain't a damn thing changed
Still the underground king fukker, dance in the reign

Or Evidence: "I ain't claim to be a game changer. I claim the west, Venice Beach, RSE, and Dilated..."

Last edited by a moderator:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The same fans that bought their first album care. Why is it artists can't understand what most intelligent fans already know? Shady/Aftermath is a bad look for 90% of the people that go there. Slaughterhouse is a group of talented rappers that rap, rap, and rap. That's what they do, and there is an audience for it...but in 2012 on a major?

Everything about these singles just feel so out-of-pocket for them. For their last album they did a video for Microphone. That's the type of shyt they do. All these "singles" feel so forced.

Slaughterhouse "Microphone" Director's Cut / Album In Stores & Online Now - YouTube

cause people like being lied to... no matter what evidence says to them...

look at french with puff.. now common sense would tell you, puff doesn't drop rap albums anymore. but you get in that meeting, you see those plaques, he talks that game, and offers your 750k up front and you sign sign sign

slaughterhouse should know... dre doesn't drop those artists, jimmy does. jimmy held back TWO eminem albums because they didn't have the goofy radio singles on them. this is after going super platinum a bunch of times.

but they got in that meeting, they saw em being a lyricist who sells, and thought, "we never gotta worry bout sales. we got em and he'll let us do whatever we want" and sign sign sign

this is what happens everytime. then we'll hear later how the label held them back or won't let them go. how they had the music and blah blah blah.

they tell you in job interviews to research the company first. that way you don't have to go on JUST the lies they gonna tell you. somehow rappers forgot this, think they gonna reinvent the wheel, and somehow TELL labels to change everything they are. forget sales, we got good music, so put it out. naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah homie... if you ain't making us money, or making it look like you're gonna make us money, then we got a nice shelf for you to sit on

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
this major label album flopping will sell the same amount of records the one that the backpackers liked sold..so it evens out, in terms of irrelevancy...so they should just stay independant in that case, cuz they aint gainin much

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
what's crazy to me--and I've probably said this a few times already--is that their indie album had a great pop/rock single

if this had just come out and had the shady team working the record it'd have done pretty well.. am I wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Four bum ass major label failures struggling to get a hit for their album?

Color me shocked :gladbron:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The one is so much better then my life.Throw it away might be the worst sh song theyve made. My excitement for the album is gone.