Supporter
Daps
Squats
leg extensions
leg curls
Seated calf raises
Standing calf raises
Deadlifts

With calf raises I like to mix up heavy weight / lower reps and lighter weight / high reps.

that’s a start. For calves though it’s also genetic. Size is not indicative of strength or lack thereof always.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
waddup
im 6 feet and i have working out lately
but i have small legs (like jon jones)

sometimes i avoid wear short bcz of that , which exercises shuld i do
my calves are not that big

give me solution
What are you currently doing lift wise for legs? Are you currently eating to gain muscle?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If you want bigger calves you have to focus on them as if they were as important as biceps.

Dedicate a month of 2 a days for calves. 2 15 minute workouts (Just calves) twice a week.

Do longer if you’re more experienced but you can’t do it forever and expect it to continue to work.

I had the same build and it worked for me.

Also, if you sag and cover your calves it makes them look smaller cuz we have short muscle bellies and we’re all tendon.

Finally. Stretch. Get a slant board and stretch for 3 minutes at a time. Morning and night.

My calves are much fuller. Not large at all but they’re definitely proportionate to my body. Good luck.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Off the rip... u have to understand its genetic.

Theres almost no way to build those muscles up to make ur legs look bigger.

It's about the muscle insert... like where the muscle starts on ur legs, arms, chest etc.

U ever see ppl with big trunk legs but they dont work out?

However if u want to try to maybe build to make ur legs look bigger...
U want to target ur "Soleus" muscle..
It's part of ur calve muscle but not that ball in the back.
But it runs down the side of ur leg.

Ur can only activate the muscle by doing calve exercises with a bent knee.

Easiest way is to do the sit down calf raises.

The seat wit the pads over ur knee with weight on both sides. .
That nobody ever uses lol

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i work out and eat so i can gain muscle
im doin all this at home

my arm , chest , back are okay

but my legs look funny , including calves
Reality is that you will be limited at home on this one. Calves to some degree are genetic and they take a lot more focus because you use them everyday in a working manner so they a lot of work beyond that. TBH honest I don’t know that you can get there with home workouts.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
my experience has been high reps is what grows your legs.

Look at track cyclist...they all have huge legs.
They lift heavy AF though. REally no way around it. OP might have to work on some unilateral (one sided) stuff.... Bulgarian split squats, one leg deadlifts etc.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i work out and eat so i can gain muscle
im doin all this at home

my arm , chest , back are okay

but my legs look funny , including calves

get bands. These SUNPOW Pull Up Assistance Bands - Set of 5 Resistance Heavy Duty Workout Exercise Crossfit Stretch Fitness Bands Assist Set for Body, Instruction Guide and Carry Bag Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K1823XB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_iJVqFbEBC9271 and yoga blocks. Do donkey calve raises on the blocks while standing on the bands. Wrap the band around your hips. Keep everything inline. Top of band, hips knees and ankles. Use slow eccentrics with pauses at the bottom. Stay under tension for 40-60 seconds per set.

if you’re talking quads and hams google Nordic curls and reverse Nordic curls. They work but you gotta be patient and only go as far as you can safely go in terms of ROM.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Calves are no "more genetics" than any other muscle group. :mjlol: All of those factors (muscle belly and tendon lengths/insertions points, etc.) are already predetermined and really cannot be changed (except through illness/injury/surgery). Forget about those. What can be changed are muscle size, body composition, even muscle fiber type (to a degree).

The truth of the matter is that the OP is: 1) probably not eating nearly enough; 2) is probably not training all that hard (especially if his home gym set-up is not ideal); and 3) probably isn't hitting legs as hard as he should.

Assuming he doesn't have some sort of medical condition, the issue can most likely be attributed to one or more of those three things. If the OP is doing all of those things correctly than he has reached his genetic limit and must either be content with his current status or hop on a bike.

Overall, nikkas (especially natty ones) swear they bout that life and go harder than a bytch but use poor exercise selection, don't progressively overload, have poor form/technique, skip workouts/apply inconsistent effort, and then undereat/under-recover and wonder why they don't look like freaking superheroes.
:comeon: