Small Business/Start-Up Owners: How Are You Marketing Your Companies?

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
if there is going to be another thread be clear...

I worked on a site in the past...

We used this type of advertising:

We now have a new site...

The new site is...

and the new site needs...
x
x
x
x

We are trying to get 100 signups

Its a non profit...

We are trying to get corporate sponsorship...

etc

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Build your brand doggie. Cause right now at this stage you cant do much else. Just focus on that. Sell your custies the lifestyle. Make them want to be apart of you movement. Get ya videographer homies to make lil vlogs of ya'll life and your community service functions and shyt. Make it look cool. Make the customers become emotionally invested in your product and company.

Yeah, we incorporated this a little with our last effort. I think we are planning to do more with it this time around.

how young is you?

Get out my thread breh. :beli:

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
:lolbron: With so many successful Coli business owners I expected this thread to do numbers.

:heh:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
:lolbron: With so many successful Coli business owners I expected this thread to do numbers.

:heh:

:ld: I ain't even think about that :yeshrug:

they kids...

buncha know it alls, but they dough is small
I don't know it all, but you're not helping so why are you needed? You're just trying to make me repeat myself over and over again. I don't do that. I typed it up once. If you read you'll find the answer.

You got all this "dough" but you can't do something as simple as read :rudy: Yeah right, who ya foolin'.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Mostly word of mouth and networking.

Googles search engine is your friend.

get linked up with Charities ASAP.

Ad's in your city or counties local newspaper or magazine.

Create a website and facebook business page(attach to your MAIN facebook page).

Do a Groupon type deal if you business allows for it.

VistaPrint is your friend. Business Cards...Promo cards. you can get like 2000 cards for $30 bucks. leave a few EVERYWHERE!

do good work and provide EXCELLENT customer service. YOUR WORK is going to be you biggest marketing and advertising tool.

if i think of anything else i'll come back.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
damn...internet quick to judge

what jewel i dropped

- 30 day launch plan - unheard of...you pick a day to launch, I do 30 day+ launches
- I am involved in paid products. You do free product. When really you need to pitch companies and supporters for donation? Or charge a nominal free for listing? - dropped knowledge there
- I define what my products are and make several iterations. You cant define your product...here is what you say about your product - entertainment media with a conscious overtone. The organization as a whole is about community service and social awareness...then college students, then media creator...I am really trying to help here...lets narrow it...then you get mad.
- A buddy presented...after the 15 minutes, presentation, I asked: whats your 30 second pitch? Its right here...homie had a slide...so make a note to yourself and make a 30 second pitch.
- When I make pitches. I make notes on the feedback, if it applies, I use it. If it dont, I table it or research.
- If you want donations for non-profit...a pitch will definitely apply.
- Then I split the area of who the internal customer is, the internal customer is the college student and the media creator. So need to reach out to both of them. Two marketing plans.
- Then you said billboard to suggest example of the past or what might be used on the next idea...dropped knowledge on billboards...does billboard advertising make sense, if market is not truly defined...

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Mostly word of mouth and networking.

Googles search engine is your friend.

get linked up with Charities ASAP.

Ad's in your city or counties local newspaper or magazine.

Create a website and facebook business page(attach to your MAIN facebook page).

Do a Groupon type deal if you business allows for it.

VistaPrint is your friend. Business Cards...Promo cards. you can get like 2000 cards for $30 bucks. leave a few EVERYWHERE!

do good work and provide EXCELLENT customer service. YOUR WORK is going to be you biggest marketing and advertising tool.

if i think of anything else i'll come back.

I can definitely use some of those ideas, especially the google and the groupon thing. :noah:

Does groupon do free, no costs deals?

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
damn...internet quick to judge

what jewel i dropped

- 30 day launch plan - unheard of...you pick a day to launch, I do 30 day+ launches
- I am involved in paid products. You do free product. When really you need to pitch companies and supporters for donation? Or charge a nominal free for listing? - dropped knowledge there
- I define what my products are and make several iterations. You cant define your product...here is what you say about your product - entertainment media with a conscious overtone. The organization as a whole is about community service and social awareness...then college students, then media creator...I am really trying to help here...lets narrow it...then you get mad.
- A buddy presented...after the 15 minutes, presentation, I asked: whats your 30 second pitch? Its right here...homie had a slide...so make a note to yourself and make a 30 second pitch.
- When I make pitches. I make notes on the feedback, if it applies, I use it. If it dont, I table it or research.
- If you want donations for non-profit...a pitch will definitely apply.
- Then I split the area of who the internal customer is, the internal customer is the college student and the media creator. So need to reach out to both of them. Two marketing plans.
- Then you said billboard to suggest example of the past or what might be used on the next idea...dropped knowledge on billboards...does billboard advertising make sense, if market is not truly defined...

I'm not pitchin' my company to some random dude on the internet. :what: So of course I'm not telling you that. Post up your name, credentials, work history, with proof and all of that and maybe I will let you critique our organization. Until then, NO.

We get our funds through grant writing, networking with people. Not looking for companies to donate because we are retaining creative control of EVERYTHING and some organizations may not agree with our views.

Yes a bill board makes sense because I want any and everyone to download my product. It's not for a specific set of people.

I defined my product (entertainment media). You just don't listen.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
For the business im in only thing thats reasonable is apparel/business cards/vehicle advertising...

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
I can definitely use some of those ideas, especially the google and the groupon thing. :noah:

Does groupon do free, no costs deals?

i actually use Living Social LivingSocial i prefer it over Groupon.
but no it's typical not free. they run promos for you and take a percentage of the TOTAL revenue.(50%) it still works out in your favor because you gain new clients\customers you would have otherwise not been able to reach or market to(for a small fee) AND you end up keeping their continued business. :manny:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
i actually use Living Social LivingSocial i prefer it over Groupon.
but no it's typical not free. they run promos for you and take a percentage of the TOTAL revenue.(50%) it still works out in your favor because you gain new clients\customers you would have otherwise not been able to reach or market to(for a small fee) AND you end up keeping their continued business. :manny:

:ehh: We'll try to think up something. I need to look more into this.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
:ehh: We'll try to think up something. I need to look more into this.

def check it out it's a way to reach A LOT of people in your area quickly....it weeds out people that are interested for your particular brand of service FOR YOU and it's reasonably cheap in comparison to a lot of other more expensive was of advertising. :manny: