Daps
The GOAT

GOAT songwriter
GOAT singer (in my honest opinion)
GOAT instrumentalist
GOAT producer
GOAT arranger
GOAT bandleader

Sly doesn't get enough credit for his musical contributions but to me, he's the best and right up there with legends like Jimi Hendrix, James Brown and Miles Davis.

Sly changed music with a Black and White band, blending Gospel, Soul, R&B, Doo-Wop, Country and leading the way with Funk and making some of the most historic and ground breaking music of all time

his influence runs deep; everyone from Miles Davis to Michael Jackson/The Jackson 5 to Prince to George Clinton (Parliament Funakdelic) to Fishbone to Tone! Tony! Toni! to Jodeci to Digital Underground to Dr. Dre to LL Cool J to A Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang and the list goes on and on.

his music run from 67' to 75' is like no other! the quality of his music is second to none

- A Whole New Thing (67')
- Dance to the Music (68')
- Life (68')
- Stand (69')
- Greatest Hits (70') - this counts because it had three new songs that hadn't been on album beforehand
- There's a Riot Goin' On (71')
- Fresh (73')
- Small Talk (74')
- High On You (75') - first and only solo album

8 years of stellar, ground breaking music that left a lasting impact.

TELEMMGLPICT000264429894_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqYbHyc_BzkV-wGdElElElaGLwwAZ6G-ra7g0YXL7D9jY.jpeg

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Yea Sly Stone is musical genius in a lot of ways he was Prince before Prince. Like a prolific singer, producer, writer at a young age and Sly and the Family Stone, a lot of people don't realize how big they were in the 60s through the early 80s.

Just this song alone started so many waves.

Yup

I always say, Sly is Prince’s musical father.

Sly and the Family Stone’s run cooled off by the late 70’s but at that point they had already left a lasting impact on music.