Skyrim modder gives up on Starfield because he finds the game bland and boring.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Should have just made 10 solid planets. Goddamn, they shyt the bed with this one.

Thankfully, ES6 will be out a decade from now so we’ll have forgotten about how trash this shyt is.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed parts of Starfield, but overall, it just wasn't for me. I guess I agree, bland is the word I would use. But I do have it on my to-do list for 2025, hoping for some solid mods. News like this isn't promising. SMH.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:russ:its been like 3 months and there are thousands of mods available, 10s of millions. Sounds like someone wanted to get out of a commitment and more on to other things.

First ppl where clowning Starfield for saying the modders are carrying the game now they're clowiny Starfield for modders not wanting to mod. shyt is hilarious

Last edited:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
No other company has the built in excuses of Bethesda where they are known for putting out wonky games and the mod community will fix it/add content

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
you gotta be borderline retarded to care for skyrim in 2024 but think starfield is trash

co-op would be too hard to pull off because you have to go and travel through every element of each part of the game
you would have to wait in a zone to enter ships and buildings, to take off, to orbit, to leave orbit etc ... its really nonsensical
imagine you're 2 miles away on a planet and I have to wait for you so I can board a ship to drop inventory ... or wait for you so I can enter a dungeon and you're 2 miles off doing some other shyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cannot blame him. This was my first Bethesda game despite owning a bunch and I only lasted a few hours before uninstalling. Pretty unremarkable, but good for anyone who enjoyed it
I don't see it as drastically different than any of their other games. I've never finished any of their games. I doubt I put 10 hours into Skyrim before I got bored and just dropped it.

Most of their gameplay is wandering around collecting trash / junk or talking to people who stand eerily still and stare into the camera as you navigate dialog trees. I liked VATS in Fallout 3, but even there got bored and dropped it.

I see it as people realizing that the stuff they played in the past really wasn't as good as they thought it was. It's like a Neptunes beat back in the day. Used to bump many of those tracks like crazy but now couldn't mess with them.

Starfield suffered from this weird cocktail of nostalgia and hype with mediocre game design that was more or less well received as a product of its time but as time advanced got exposed as meh. People should have noticed this when Fallout 4 came out and a large group of people were meh on it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked VATS in Fallout 3, but even there got bored and dropped it

VATS has always been one of my main reasons i loved fallout. It makes it feel like an actual rpg somewhat having a psuedo turn based mechanic in it.

Also, the big difference between Fallout and other games by bethesda is i feel it has a very strong core identity and iconography. The Pip boy, Vault Boy merchandising, the vault uniforms, the ghouls and mutants, 60’s aesthetic and music. Etc.

There’s nothing else quite like Fallout.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Bethesda needs to get in fresh talent and ideas. They're stuck on a formula that was showing its age in 2011. They have a small studio mentality but have large studio expectations. They've dropped 3 meh to mediocre games in a row that all suffer from similar problems. At this point, something needs to change with them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
VATS has always been one of my main reasons i loved fallout. It makes it feel like an actual rpg somewhat having a psuedo turn based mechanic in it.

Also, the big difference between Fallout and other games by bethesda is i feel it has a very strong core identity and iconography. The Pip boy, Vault Boy merchandising, the vault uniforms, the ghouls and mutants, 60’s aesthetic and music. Etc.

There’s nothing else quite like Fallout.
You take VATS away from Fallout 3 and it’s bland gunplay like Starfield is.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Creation kit out now, 8th most modded game of all time on Nexus…

Pick that Starfield back up, I won’t tell anybody :sas2: