Single ladies : How do you feel about the dating scene?

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I agree. People are so ordinary but stay looking for someone "special". Just because you may not watch whatever television show is popular or you don't fit a stereotype, doesn't make you special. With that said I feel that chemistry/compatibility is very natural and you won't have it with everyone so in essence finding someone you're compatible with makes a person "special" if that makes sense.
I'm curious what folks think makes themselves special.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@philmonroe @Rawtid

First off, stop looking at dating profiles. Second, I don't even know how to respond to your comments without coming off as arrogant. I will just say that men/women view you the way that you view yourself. If you see yourself as basic and compatibility is the only thing necessary in a relationship then that's what you will continue to receive. There are levels to finding love, compatibility is only scratching the surface. To answer @philmonroe question, yes I know that I'm special and I am aware of what I bring to the table on various levels. I also know myself and what is important to me in a long term relationship, which is why I said that it will take a special type of guy to keep my attention. One more thing, in dating you will meet so many guys that you'll have chemistry/compatible with, that doesn't mean he is special! Please don't go into the dating world with that mindset.

I don't feel that I am "basic", but I don't feel that I am "special" either. I am unique and I don't use that interchangeably with special because I feel the two are different when it comes to dating. I am unique as in my life experiences and how I view things are unique to me. But when I say special, some people thing their "accomplishments" make them special. Like when guys says they are whatever age and don't have children...it's like so what? You're not a good man just off the strength of that. When women say they cook, clean, have x many degrees, again, so what? There are many other chicks that offer those same things. So when I speak about people not being special, I base that on people who ramble on about attributes that many other people have when asked why they are good man/woman.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I don't feel that I am "basic", but I don't feel that I am "special" either. I am unique and I don't use that interchangeably with special because I feel the two are different when it comes to dating. I am unique as in my life experiences and how I view things are unique to me. But when I say special, some people thing their "accomplishments" make them special. Like when guys says they are whatever age and don't have children...it's like so what? You're not a good man just off the strength of that. When women say they cook, clean, have x many degrees, again, so what? There are many other chicks that offer those same things. So when I speak about people not being special, I base that on people who ramble on about attributes that many other people have when asked why they are good man/woman.
Yeah this is exactly what I meant by saying special too.

MWinn

Pro
Daps

This reply is so late that I didn't even read it.