Single ladies : How do you feel about the dating scene?

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Men that are only interested in sex are much more bold and open with it. It's actually a plus because they only waste 2 days of your time, instead of 2 weeks.
It seems like a lot if men have kids, but that maybe just be because I'm old.

MWinn

Pro
Daps
In general, I would rather focus on my own life than complicate it by adding in a whole other personality to the mix. Not trying to disrupt my flow. Unless the person is worth it. Can't be some basic man, has to be someone who has proven that he is priceless and who brings his own bank of positive energy to my life. Takes a special type of guy to capture and keep my attention. :jbhmm:

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
In general, I would rather focus on my own life than complicate it by adding in a whole other personality to the mix. Not trying to disrupt my flow. Unless the person is worth it. Can't be some basic man, has to be someone who has proven that he is priceless and who brings his own bank of positive energy to my life. Takes a special type of guy to capture and keep my attention. :jbhmm:
I agree. I never had a problem being single until I found someone worth the effort.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Men that are only interested in sex are much more bold and open with it. It's actually a plus because they only waste 2 days of your time, instead of 2 weeks.
It seems like a lot if men have kids, but that maybe just be because I'm old.
Maybe your just getting older bretta

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
@miranda
I have met a lot of men in the 30-35 range that already have children too. I don't have kids so of course a man without them is ideal, but I have made an exception and I don't actually mind.

Otherwise, not as bad as a lotta people think. Internet perception of dating is totally different from reality which tells me people need to get out more.

Most are pretty decent. It's just a matter of knowing what u want and being upfront about it. I'm not dating anyone seriously right now because of my situation but I am talking to some dudes.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Ive never really got this statement from men or women even though in all honesty I've heard mainly women say it. Are you special enough to make someone keep your attention? I don't mean in your mind would other guys think that way of you? I'm not just asking you but in general when I see some/most people (both sexes) say this they aren't much different themselves from everybody else out there. Its like cats driving a Camry saying their car special but that's a common everyday car the masses have.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ive never really got this statement from men or women even though in all honesty I've heard mainly women say it. Are you special enough to make someone keep your attention? I don't mean in your mind would other guys think that way of you? I'm not just asking you but in general when I see some/most people (both sexes) say this they aren't much different themselves from everybody else out there. Its like cats driving a Camry saying their car special but that's a common everyday car the masses have.
I agree. People are so ordinary but stay looking for someone "special". Just because you may not watch whatever television show is popular or you don't fit a stereotype, doesn't make you special. With that said I feel that chemistry/compatibility is very natural and you won't have it with everyone so in essence finding someone you're compatible with makes a person "special" if that makes sense.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I agree. People are so ordinary but stay looking for someone "special". Just because you may not watch whatever television show is popular or you don't fit a stereotype, doesn't make you special. With that said I feel that chemistry/compatibility is very natural and you won't have it with everyone so in essence finding someone you're compatible with makes a person "special" if that makes sense.
With bold I completely agree and understand. I think the only other thing that is the same or bigger for some is race/religion and they are basically part of the compatibility family. That's what cats should be looking for in long term relationships if that's what they going for IMO. I truly think a lot of people want partners like they want the stylish clothes/material things for and that's just bragging rights. Now if you truly happen to like it too cool but I think some just do whats the norm even if that's not representative of them.

I agree with the top part also. Hell if anybody disagree that we are alike in a lot of ways just read dating profiles and you will see the same few things over and over from some "special" people lol.

MWinn

Pro
Daps
@philmonroe @Rawtid

First off, stop looking at dating profiles. Second, I don't even know how to respond to your comments without coming off as arrogant. I will just say that men/women view you the way that you view yourself. If you see yourself as basic and compatibility is the only thing necessary in a relationship then that's what you will continue to receive. There are levels to finding love, compatibility is only scratching the surface. To answer @philmonroe question, yes I know that I'm special and I am aware of what I bring to the table on various levels. I also know myself and what is important to me in a long term relationship, which is why I said that it will take a special type of guy to keep my attention. One more thing, in dating you will meet so many guys that you'll have chemistry/compatible with, that doesn't mean he is special! Please don't go into the dating world with that mindset.

Last edited:

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
Indifferent. My concern is reserved for other areas of my life. Very narrow-minded right now.