since we reminiscin' member when u 1st heard dis n da beginnin' of belly? (belly movie appreciation)

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
now i would've posted this in the film forum but it's a movie starrin' hip hop stars so i think it belongs here :myman:
i knew the minute i heard this classic, i was bout to witness a hood classic:banderas:

tumblr_m1is5mZZBN1r2wdeoo1_500.gif

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I'm old enough to remember the Summer it came out and watching the video on 'Top Of The Pops' on a Thursday night.

Even as a kid, I knew it was something soulful and powerful. :wow:In some ways it opened me up to a lot of the underground Black British music I got into in later years.

One of my favourite songs of all time.

Jazzie B & Caron Wheeler :goatsalute:

Perfect movie opening. The body going through the glass synchronised with the beat drop :banderas:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I'm old enough to remember the Summer it came out and watching the video on 'Top Of The Pops' on a Thursday night.

Even as a kid, I knew it was something soulful and powerful. :wow:In some ways it opened me up to a lot of the underground Black British music I got into in later years.

One of my favourite songs of all time.

Jazzie B & Caron Wheeler :goatsalute:

Perfect movie opening. The body going through the glass synchronised with the beat drop :banderas:

co sign, powerful post my brother :mjcry:

dap and +rep :salute:

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
one of the coldest intros. i remember being in the theaters as a kid and there was this palpable chill from the song, the blacklight effects from the film, and the "silent" intro as they walked through the club.

I still wish Hype tried another movie with more legit actors and a stronger script, but still applied his visual style.

tumblr_m6sppaLpHx1raq7mho1_500.gif

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
one of the coldest intros. i remember being in the theaters as a kid and there was this palpable chill from the song, the blacklight effects from the film, and the "silent" intro as they walked through the club.

I still wish Hype tried another movie with more legit actors and a stronger script, but still applied his visual style.

I remember when @cook had this as his avi:naswon:

shawntitan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love Belly, but I usually shut it off when it get's to the DMX assassination stuff...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

i was in jrz at the time... by the next weekend every shop on the boardwalk had black light contacts and the clubs looked like a fukking coli convention (see what i did there)