Since it's widely known USA is subtitle gang why dont more foreign movies get put in theaters?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
We are?

Generally people don't like to read so they ain't gonna go to a subtitled film like that

You gotta go to local or independent cinemas

Closest the chains have are animes but they usually offer both dubbed and subbed

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I dont go to any movie theater.
I'm watch at home gang :win:
Just curious why they aint in the major theaters
answered your own question lol. aint nobody going to see them in theatres that's why. u just barely getting people to see those anime movies but then its like a one or two days premiere.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i don't use subtitles,
i was with a girl back in the day who had english as a second language and she used subtitles to help her understand. but i never saw a need for english speaker to need subs in spoken english films. unless the english spoken was heavily accented like some country scottish dude or something.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
i don't use subtitles,
i was with a girl back in the day who had english as a second language and she used subtitles to help her understand. but i never saw a need for english speaker to need subs in spoken english films. unless the english spoken was heavily accented like some country scottish dude or something.
Dialogue is verifiably becoming more difficult to understand in film and television projects over the course of the last decade.

https://nofilmschool.com/dialogue-has-gotten-harder-to-understand

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
i'd rather read contextual clues and their lips to understand them rather than subtitles.
I hear ya, I'm just giving additional context on why other people are increasingly using subtitles to understand media made in their own languages.