Since 1964 UNESCO has been working on a General History of Africa...

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
...and all 8 volumes can be downloaded for free :ohhh:

General History of Africa | United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization

Goes from Prehistory until our era, available in English, French, Arabic, and various other language, some issues are already in Swahili, Hausa and Fulfude and those that are not yet are being translated in those languages :ehh:

@KidStranglehold imma let you tag people who might be interested in this, I have a hard time remembering some screen names :yeshrug:

Discovered this thanks to an article in Le Monde, where they said they are trying to get artists to help gain visibility, because the documents exist but not many people know they do. So spread the info brehs :yeshrug:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Yh ive got vol 7. Came across it when i was looking for books on the colonial era.

Long read but VERY good. One of the best sources I've seen and i just scratched the surface. Have yet to read it tho. I've quoted from it before. All African scholars too IIRC.

Is that a link for all the books? I can't check now I'm on mobile.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Yh ive got vol 7. Came across it when i was looking for books on the colonial era.

Long read but VERY good. One of the best sources I've seen and i just scratched the surface. Have yet to read it tho. I've quoted from it before. All African scholars too IIRC.

Is that a link for all the books? I can't check now I'm on mobile.

It's the link to the whole project, with links on the left to all 8 volumes...they are currently working on the 9th one, which will start at the decolonization

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Yeah I've had this in my collection for years I actually have them up online myself.:ehh:

Library: volumes 1-9
Yakwa: Ancestral Gaming Society - Gaming Society

As a matter a fact I plan to use that text when I eventually do "African history/culture in the park" ...thats going to be my primary textbook for the people to study with at home.
(Since it's free and people maybe reluctant to throw money out there)