Sin City gets a TV reboot

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Finally happening. :skip:

According to Deadline, Legendary Television has closed a deal with Miller to turn Sin City into a television series. Moreover, Robert Rodriguez is reportedly in talks to return to the franchise as well. Miller and Rodriguez co-directed the 2005 film Sin City and its 2014 sequel Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

Both Miller and Rodriguez are expected to serve as executive producers on Legendary's new television series -- though it is unclear if they will also return to c0-direct. Stephen L’Heureux -- one of the producers on A Dame to Kill For -- and Silenn Thomas --who runs Miller's production company -- will also produce.

Miller's deal with Legendary reportedly guarantees at least one season for the Sin City television show, provided they are also able to strike a deal television network or streaming platform. The deal also calls for an "hard-R" Sin City animated prequel series based on the original comics.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
In similar fashion to Watchmen, Sin City has a world you can easily build off of without retreading the same story. I personally love the Sin City concept but I hated A Dame to Kill For as a movie.
The sequel was more polished, more palatable of a movie, I can see why you hated it though

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
The sequel was more polished, more palatable of a movie, I can see why you hated it though
The sequel came out so many years later than the OG and by then they tried and flopped with The Spirit and that style didn't have the same effect:why:
This is such dope news and they have loads of material to work with.
Watchmen and Sin City are my favorite 2 comic movies. 1/2 way there to getting series of both:banderas:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
In similar fashion to Watchmen, Sin City has a world you can easily build off of without retreading the same story. I personally love the Sin City concept but I hated A Dame to Kill For as a movie.

I always thought a sin city visual type batman movie would be dope

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Is this still happening?
Frank Miller's Sin City is in development as a live-action TV seies overseen by former The Walking Dead showrunner Glen Mazzara, according to Deadline. Underworld director Len Wiseman is reportedly in line to direct the pilot, and will act as one of the show's producers alongside Miller, Mazzara, as well as Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, and Stephen L'Heureux. A network to air the show on has not been decided, but talks are reportedly already underway.

This small-screen Sin City reboot is described by the Hollywood trade as a "far departure" from the films but will "hew closely to the graphic novels", with "original characters and timelines with in [sic] the Sin City universe."

Report: SIN CITY Reboots For TV
naw:skip: