Simple Question: Is Doc Rivers Overrated?

Is Doc Rivers Overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
SN1
His coaching is overrated too.

Had KG, PP and Ray and won 1 ring. I mean *1 ring. He's lucky Bynum and Ariza were out.

Celtics led all Game 7 2010 until the last two or so minutes when the Lakers got every bullshyt call in the world to win the championship and KG was injured in 2009's playoffs. Celtics would of definitely three-peated if it weren't for injuries and bullshyt.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The problem isn't his coaching, it's that Doc is making personnel moves and he's terrible at them, trading Bledsoe for what they got was just awful.

He has yet to address the glaring problem on the team, which is lack of athleticism on the wing, something they've lacked for years now, he continues to sign washed players like Granger, Turkoglu, Vujacic to play the wing meanwhile he drafts CJ Wilcox and doesn't play him. Also his eye for talent is shyt, they completely missed out on drafting KJ McDaniels and realistically he'd probably be starting for them right now.

Doc fukking sucks as a GM.
He's f*cked this roster off something serious. Butchered the Bledsoe deal, the Jared Dudley deal- even gave the Bucks a first rounder for taking Dudley off our hands, drafting CJ Wilcox instead of KJ McDaniels or Kyle Anderson, Didn't retain Darren Collison, instead of surrounding DJ, Blake, and Paul with athletes he's signed nothing but washed up, over the hill, injured trash. Half our roster is sh*t. Plus he sticks by his players and won't trade anyone. Probably the worst GM I've ever seen and that's saying a lot considering Elgin Baylor was our GM for decades. :snoop:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Gamewise? Don't let me start on the whole Sterling fiasco though. :beli:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
His coaching is overrated too.

Had KG, PP and Ray and won 1 ring. I mean *1 ring. He's lucky Bynum and Ariza were out.

Weak argument.

You want to play the what if game you could just as easily say the Celtics would have three peated if not for KG missing the playoffs one year and Perk missing game 7 the other

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
He a top 5 coach...but that is more an indictment to poor coaching in the NBA...

Thibs defense and KG leadership both had more to do with the Celtics winning a title than Doc's coaching...

Like...do you actually think a Doc Rivers coached team can beat San Antonio, Memphis, GS, then Chicago and win a title? I don't

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I never heard Doc Rivers being a marquee coach until the Big Three. It's funny because you'll never hear ppl call Spoelstra a great coach but Doc is hof

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I don't think Doc is necessarily a great X's and O's coach. He usually does a great job getting assistant coaches around him that are great in that regard. I think his best skill is managing personalities. That and I think he was out in front of Pop as far as resting his players and managing their minutes at the expense of playoff seeding.

As a GM he's made some horrible moves but caught some horrible breaks to. He has some weird fascination with trying to restore washed up players. On the other hand I think he's judged to harshly on the Bledsoe deal. Bringing in Dudley and Reddikk was supposed to round out the starting line up while bringing in Collison would've been a nice back up. Dudley was horrible last year but at the time the move made sense IMO.

MJ Freedom

All Star
Daps
Do y'all forget what he did with that horrendous Orlando team that year he won Coach of the Year though?

And people talking about he won "only" one title with the Celtics but don't get into the specifics. That team (because of age) only had a short window in the first place. They won the title the first season. The next season they probably would have at least been in the Finals again, but Garnett got hurt. And the year after they went seven games in the Finals, and Perkins got hurt in Game 6, so they might have won that title too. After that, it was the Heat's time. :yeshrug:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
his resume before and after the big three/thibs is unremarkable.

sh*t who remembers when he blew a 3-1 lead to the Pistons in 2003? He's a shyt coach who just shows what winning a title can do for your rep.