Silo (Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Mystery)(Prod by Graham Yost) (Apple TV+)

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On Ep 4 and the only 2 flaws I can find are the fact that the main chick’s accent goes from American to British to Irish on a whim and Common

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I don't get the issue with Common. I can promise you there's whole generations of cacs who don't know Common the rapper that watch him and thinks "this guy's pretty good:ehh: "

Not putting cac opinions on a pedestal just saying if you remove the rapper bias/hate and just watch him objectively he's doing his thing

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Pretty good show. The twist with the sky actually being fukked up caught me off guard.

It was probably two episodes too long tho. I felt they were stretching it towards the end.

The tape thing makes no sense btw. It’s too easy to just halfass put the tape on. Not like the people going out to clean can tell the difference

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
ya that generator scene caused me a lot of anxiety lol

ngl I was disappointed too when I realized the last ep airing was the season finale…the show progressed so quickly that I didn’t even really pay attention to the episode numbers the last few eps

The generator scenario was kinda silly to me. The WHOLE silo relied on this shyt to run and the only fail safe was a grumpy woman? It didn’t make sense to me that the people up top would trust something so important to the people they looked down upon.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Common did just fine. I have no idea what anyone’s problem with his acting is.

The ending kind of confused me.

Why would they have a fake AI generate the outside world as lush and green when its really what the judicial has been telling the populace for 200 years, a dangerous wasteland? Yea I get maybe not wanting people to know that there are other Silo’s and hence, other groups of humans out there but if your going to strap people into a suit that, presumably is designed for them to perish from the outside world’s fumes then whats the point of a fake atmosphere?

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps

Why would they have a fake AI generate the outside world as lush and green when its really what the judicial has been telling the populace for 200 years

Leads you to clean the camera

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
13 years old, just cracked a fukkin egg on a hot ass skillet, immediately decides to stop what she's doing to perform surgery on a chair. :camby: they temporarily made her retarded for a scene without any real justification. Like what was the point of writing it that way, just so her dad can yell at her? Stop being a blind stan. Im enjoying the hell out of this show, and if it took 4 episodes for me to have something to criticize, they're doing something right.
This is what you get upset about :mjlol:

13 aint no advanced age of intelligence, people burn shyt on the stove as adults.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Why would they have a fake AI generate the outside world as lush and green when its really what the judicial has been telling the populace for 200 years, a dangerous wasteland? Yea I get maybe not wanting people to know that there are other Silo’s and hence, other groups of humans out there but if your going to strap people into a suit that, presumably is designed for them to perish from the outside world’s fumes then whats the point of a fake atmosphere?
I thought the lush green one was the fake.

Not sure why they would fake it in the mask, or how, but I guess that’s what season 2 is for

I also think Common did well in this. I guess nikkas just hating because it’s Common. Usually how the Coli operates.

If he was doing hood/tubi movie shyt then maybe some would like him more

Daps
Just binged watched it those last few days and I thought it was a dope show.

I really loved the setting and I don't know what was the budget but you can feel the quality dripping in every frame, Apple don't play around.

Common... was great. Really. His character was one of the stand outs to me. :ehh:

I'm usually a complete sucker for affable villains, but not only did he managed to induce some charm to the character he was actually pretty threatening when necessary. A devout zealot of the Silo who turns out to be a nice family man. There was always an undercurrent of "get on my nerves motherfukkas and I'll show you who's really running shyt" behind his words. When he sucker-punched Juliette :russ::picard:. Turns out he was about that life.

But overall I thought everyone's performance was solid and Juliette and Paul were great to watch evolve though they did have annoying moment stemming from the writing. Props to Tim Robbins.

Now after that finale where do they go?
One thing I liked is the fact that you can feel the tension building in the Silo in the season, people are getting more and more agitated with everything going on. After Juliette's departure, I'm guessing that people will start to ask mad question and they'll have another rebellion on their hands. More work for you Mr. Sims.:mjlol:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it’s crazy how much softer/more feminine her face looks in this mission impossible movie…she was damn near looking like a skinny dude in silo